Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

bad gas millage suggestions?

Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
bad gas millage suggestions?

my 86 toyota 4wd gets terrable gas mileage and lacks a lot of power
for the gas mileage i just changed the sparkplugs and wires and a new fuel filter and the gas mileage is still crap like 8-10 mpg crap
and as far as power goes the motor was rebuilt in may of 03 and ive put between 10,000-15,000 sence the rebuild

the truck has a 22r and it has 216,000 miles on her but i wanna keep her running as long as i can

any help?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Air filter, catlytic converter?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Air filter, catlytic converter?
new and cleaned
Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the carb?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Maybe the carb?
cleaned real good with carb cleaner at the same time as the new plugs and fuel filter
Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #6

im stumped on it man
i think the only thing i havet done was seafoam it
but i wanted to see if there was anything i missed befor i do that
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if a locked up ebrake would do that...sorry I'm kinda tired and trying to think and its not working out very well...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I really didn't help. Good luck with the fix hopefully its something simple and easy...love those old pickups I have an 87 myself that isnt running...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #9

Quote:
I wonder if a locked up ebrake would do that...sorry I'm kinda tired and trying to think and its not working out very well...
the e-brake dosent really work (i might need some new break shoes???)
idk
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Sorry I really didn't help. Good luck with the fix hopefully its something simple and easy...love those old pickups I have an 87 myself that isnt running...
yea i love my 86 it pretty muck just a hunting truck tho but in the 12 years its been in the family it has only been stuck 1 time
but one day hopefully i can restore him and the day i finish restoring it imma tear him up im some mud
imma go till somthing breaks
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
yea i love my 86 it pretty muck just a hunting truck tho but in the 12 years its been in the family it has only been stuck 1 time
but one day hopefully i can restore him and the day i finish restoring it imma tear him up im some mud
imma go till somthing breaks
I wish I could do that right now...the older trucks are so fun to drive but feel a little underpowered after driving my v6 tacoma or driving my moms v8 sequoia.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #12

Quote:
I wish I could do that right now...the older trucks are so fun to drive but feel a little underpowered after driving my v6 tacoma or driving my moms v8 sequoia.
yea i know what u mean
but ive been thinking of putting a 1st gen supercharged taco motor in her
but id rather put a new supercharged 22r from lceigenerring