1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How I got My Taco :) [BEWARE LONG]

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Soul, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Aug 17, 2007 at 12:50 AM
    Soul

Soul [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Black
    I can't sleep tonight since I'm wondering if my fog lights will arrive tomorrow or not... anyways back to my story!

Captain's Log May 26, 2007:
    I recall it was June when we begun the taco hunt. My cousin came to Idaho from Missouri and since we have only 2 cars (3000GT & Xterra) my dad wants him to drive the Xterra. The Xterra was supposedly mine/mom to drive. I needed the car cause I'm doing a Field inquiry report for 4 college credits (I'm still in high school)

Noon May 26, 2007 We look at our local Toyota dealer for a truck. I argue with my father about my non-desire for a truck cause of environmental, purpose of truck, usage, and size. I usually drive the 3000GT until I fell out of the xterra with a girl friend and the suv smash a house that cost 13K dollars.. and 1K repair on the xterra... and the broke the audio system.. but it was only a dead fuse. ANYWAYS my mom said it was safer for me. Although my mom was on my side on a smaller car... but my Dad being in a Chinese family makes all these decision.. .we just give him our opinion we have no legislative rights . We original saw a 4x4 black Toyota Tacoma regular cab for 19K If I recall. My parents didn’t like any other color but black. Here are the problems. My dad don’t like feature that aren’t put into use.
    He like the regular cab until the access cab was shown with the back door that opens suicidal
    The RequireMENT!
    4x4 our Xterra was and we never use it tho I fool around with it.
    V6 No desire for big engine …
    Color has to be black
    Access Cab

Weekend Night May , 2007
    Me being the computer boy I am did research on the trucks. I originally wanted a Nissan frontier cause of their popular powerful VQ Engine.. .scratch that no “V6 No desire for big engine…” Then I came upon the PreRunner style and I saw the feature.. and I like it! It didn’t’ have problems with the requirements! My cousin like the Prerunner and this was her reasoning. “The Truck looks more tough”

May 29,2007 Another one of cousin was visiting from New York and came hunting with us. We went to Peterson Idaho (Dealer) only a V6 PreRunner and not black. Another dealer in Nampa Tom’s Scott. We EVEN went to OREGAN to look no truck. There was a Automatically 4x2 non-Prerunner Acccess Cab in nampa that was in black.
    We probably would had gotten that if I wasn’t arguing for my desire for a MANuAL! And my bright restate cousin help me out arguing. :] and kinda sway my dad. Now I want the truck fast! Not patient at all so I told my dad to get that 4x4 Regular Cab Black Tacoma. He decline and shut me down with the 4x4 being useless and my cousin try to help but my dad didn’t care.

May 30,2007 We’ll Order IT! So I built it online and did some Edmund.com TMW and went to the nearest dealer to order it… and price and etc. Price took forever… I believe we got it to 20,500 and my dad said 20 or no go… and the dealer went no go. (BTW this was a order not a lot take n’ go)

May 31, 2007 Ask again got it down to 20,250 and went in to order it. ETA was 2 months. I was like no =[… cause there were only 1 white and 1 desert specs running around in region 3 i believe, no black. After 3 hour at the dealer.. They couldn’t order it. Their service didn’t allow them. I notice that online too. I had to glitch build a Tacoma system to let me… by playing around but he didn’t allow me to do that :’(. Try it for yourself 83713 for the zip code try to build a prerunner I4 Black. 

June 1, 2007 sad.. the fire up class started. At 7:00.. ended at 5 ish. Went home. Sad looking online. Dad call from Ontario saying that it’s a GO in Ontario! !!! !!! I told the dealer exactly what I wanted. This would be http://www.toyotasrus.com Steve Anderson our dealer ! This is in Ontario so Tax Free. I think we had a deal at 20,174 includings fees so ~20k! I told him what I wanted
    Toyota Tacoma Black – PreRunner – I4 – Manual – SR5 KIT that includes all the cruise control, power window, etc etc (BTW the other manual truck in nampa you had to manual roll the windows ahh reminds) ORDERED PLACE 1,000$ down payment. WOOT! 2 months they say.
    June -29 2007 Finish up fire up class 4 college and 1 elective science credit.

July 5th-27th 2007 Went to Washington D.C. took a foreign policy class and live the college life. 3 America University College Credit.

July 28, 2007] my spend a dad in salt lake and hotel all paid cause they schedule my flight a day early…

July 29, 2007] back from the trip … went through jet lag amazing! Hoping the truck was here.. my mom play around like it was :’(

July-30-August 3, 2007 hiatus

August 4, 2007 Truck Arrive! But we couldn’t go get it till Monday cause of registration stuff.

Monday August 6! 07 went to Ontario as a family to pick up a truck! And dad doing business events. First person to drive it! My dad :’( but hey :] First to scratch the car! ME! But it was a spider web 

August 10, 2007 discover Toyota nation and develop a hatred toward those plastic cup holders on the taco ><. (and getting use to the manual and etc) and I also join Toyota nation =]

August 15, 2007 discover the http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/1645-aftermarket-fog-lights-oem-sockets.html MotoXFreeStyle61 his fog light thread and join!
    That’s my story for now haha :] hope I didn’t’ waste too much of your life.

Products Discussed in

To Top