Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2014 Tacoma

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
Ford needs to keep its hands out of toyota trucks....
an eco boost in a toyota.... hahahaha
becuase ford has had so much good long term luck with that motor....
if toyota wanted to triple its truck sales and shut the big three all the way out of the picture they would bring in the diesel from the hilux to the states.... drove on in honduras.... DAMN what a shame thats not up here....
but again see the dead horse posted above...
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #24
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
I just want a diesel... but i feel like asking them for a diesel in the U.S. is like WHIPPERSNAPPERING a dead horse..
FTFY
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #25
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with a new one that looks more like a Hilux. Would be a bitchin platform for an overland style truck.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #26
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapetik View Post
Every clock is right twice a day! I just want better mpg and a f'ing sunroof
Buy a Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Air up your tires and buy an aftermarket sunroof?
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Looks horrible . Cross of a sport trac and tundra .
No mutt here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
I would agree on the mega ugliness off this alleged truck
Eh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
I just want a diesel... but i feel like asking them for a diesel in the U.S. is like whipping a dead horse..
Diesel FTMFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
That pic is a Hilux... see how it says hilux on the side?

Was gonna point that out, didn't expect it to take this long before someone caught it.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #27
testerdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to behold

testerdahl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklilughabte View Post
A tacoma that gets 20/25 with a V6 and tows 7000 would be my dream vehicle.
Join the group wanting better MPG. They can do it by just following what the full-size market is doing. I just outlined what they need to do here:
http://www.tacomahq.com/2577/2015-toyota-tacoma-fuel-economy-estimates/

-Tim
Editor
Tacomahq.com
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
testerdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to beholdtesterdahl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I want a hybrid
Hybrid is dead.

-Tim
Editor
Tacomahq.com
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdthiker View Post
Ford needs to keep its hands out of toyota trucks....
an eco boost in a toyota.... hahahaha
becuase ford has had so much good long term luck with that motor....
if toyota wanted to triple its truck sales and shut the big three all the way out of the picture they would bring in the diesel from the hilux to the states.... drove on in honduras.... DAMN what a shame thats not up here....
but again see the dead horse posted above...
They might bring in a diesel in response to the Chevy and the 2014 Colorado. The question is will the diesel be enough of an improvement in mpg that consumers will buy it. Nobody knows that. It's all a big guess.

-Tim
Editor
Tacomahq.com
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #30
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Looks horrible . Cross of a sport trac and tundra .
I dont like that look either.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
That pic is a Hilux... see how it says hilux on the side?

For how much guys on here jizz all over the place about Hilux's, I would think someone would have caught that earlier. They were just using the Hilux picture because they were talking about how the front end is getting rounder to match the Hilux's front clip. I personally like the appearance of Tacoma's much more than Hilux's.

Matt
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testerdahl View Post
They might bring in a diesel in response to the Chevy and the 2014 Colorado. The question is will the diesel be enough of an improvement in mpg that consumers will buy it. Nobody knows that. It's all a big guess.

-Tim
Editor
Tacomahq.com

Then, assuming it does get improved gas mileage, if the savings in gas will be able to offset the cost of trading the current vehicle.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #33
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
For how much guys on here jizz all over the place about Hilux's, I would think someone would have caught that earlier. They were just using the Hilux picture because they were talking about how the front end is getting rounder to match the Hilux's front clip. I personally like the appearance of Tacoma's much more than Hilux's.

Matt
I think hiluxs are but ugly, I am not sure what everyone see's in them.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Then, assuming it does get improved gas mileage, if the savings in gas will be able to offset the cost of trading the current vehicle.
Agreed. However, with diesel prices lately being a dollar more in many areas, we will have the same debate between increased cost versus long-term savings.

The sense I get is that GM wants a 30+mpg turbo diesel with their cylinder deactivation and their other fuel saving technologies that retails for thousands less than a full-size diesel. Considering that most full-size diesels sales are generally the pricy HD models, it doesn't seem that unlikely they can make it work.

If this truck becomes a threat, Toyota will respond.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #35
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
I think hiluxs are but ugly, I am not sure what everyone see's in them.
Diesel option and manual transfer case.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testerdahl View Post
It should.

http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/TundraGas.xls
http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/2500Gas.xls

That's total fuel usage on both of my trucks.

A 2003 Toyota Tundra 2WD AC with a 4.7 gas engine (roughly a 283)
A 2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab with 285/75-16, shell, and a 6.6 Duramax (roughly 400).

A 3.0 Diesel in a Tacoma should be able to pull mid to high 30s.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
My God, if they make the 2.7 equal in power to my 3.4 i will be envious.

But I Certainly hope that the Tacoma doesn't become the Hilux.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
Internet Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Diesel option and manual transfer case.
The hulix seems to be a troll under the bridge then
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #39
Pro Tech
SaveAHoRideATACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 15th Security Police Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii '91-'94
SaveAHoRideATACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Nothing wrong with a new one that looks more like a Hilux. Would be a bitchin platform for an overland style truck.

What exactly are these and where do you get one?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #40
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveAHoRideATACO View Post
What exactly are these and where do you get one?
Hilux

anywhere but North America