2014 Tacoma

Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #41
Pro Tech
SaveAHoRideATACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 15th Security Police Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii '91-'94
SaveAHoRideATACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick response...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveAHoRideATACO View Post
What exactly are these and where do you get one?
Those are Hiluxes that have been rebuilt by Arctic Trucks.
You can't buy those anywhere directly from Toyota.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hilux

anywhere but North America
Well when you word it like that it makes us sound so stingy
Old 01-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #44
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Those are Hiluxes that have been rebuilt by Arctic Trucks.
You can't buy those anywhere directly from Toyota.
Bah
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #45
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
When the 2nd gen first dropped I thought it was super ugly too. Now look at me, I own and love the best selling midsize in America.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
1-V8 available in the Taco.
2-Make the Taco the size it was when it was just the "pickup", then a mid size like the old T-100 and a full size like the new Tundra.
3-sunroof and heated mirrors

On another note- Can't anyone put a defrost and wiper on a topper (cap)?
It's winter in NY and I can't see SHIT out the back!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #47
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
2-Make the Taco the size it was when it was just the "pickup", then a mid size like the old T-100 and a full size like the new Tundra.

It is what it is or we wouldn't own one, I think if you wanted a V-8 or for it to look like a t100 or a tundra pick one up.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #48
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
It is what it is or we wouldn't own one, I think if you wanted a V-8 or for it to look like a t100 or a tundra pick one up.
I want an '88 bodied, double cab V8. I don't need the size, I need the towing capacity and an inside place for my lab. Everything with Toyota has to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger every model change. It's crazy. The Rav4 used to be tiny, now it's the size of a gen 2 4Runner. The new Runner is the size of the old LandCruiser. And so on and so on...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #49
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I want an '88 bodied, double cab V8. I don't need the size, I need the towing capacity and an inside place for my lab. Everything with Toyota has to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger every model change. It's crazy. The Rav4 used to be tiny, now it's the size of a gen 2 4Runner. The new Runner is the size of the old LandCruiser. And so on and so on...
That's typical Japanese marketing mentality.

Evolve the product to retain the same customers as they mature. Introduce new products to capture new, younger customers.

People who drove an Accord or a Camry in college likely still drive an Accord or Camry today.
Likewise for the Civic and Corolla.
Meanwhile, new, smaller models, like the Fit and Yaris appear for new customers (though granted, there is no price difference between the Fit and the low end Civic).
Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
That's typical Japanese marketing mentality.

Evolve the product to retain the same customers as they mature. Introduce new products to capture new, younger customers.

People who drove an Accord or a Camry in college likely still drive an Accord or Camry today.
Likewise for the Civic and Corolla.
Meanwhile, new, smaller models, like the Fit and Yaris appear for new customers (though granted, there is no price difference between the Fit and the low end Civic).
Makes them lose me. I had 2002 4Runner and drove an 07 when I went to trade and hated how big they had made it. Was how I ended up in an FJ that I was never really happy with.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #51
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i see some saris mods to make a v8 fit in a size truck as the old pick up. yeah a bunch of rock crawlers and off roaders have done it, but wilth a shit tone of cutting on the wheel wells and fire wall.

i donít see a need for a sun roof in a truck. IMHO some truck are getting to high tech and fancy! its a TRUCK not a BMW. if they are going to do make it an option because some people may not want one.

also why not clear off some of the snow on the truck and cap? i usually start it clean the snow off and than get in and go. donít take long to clean of some of the snow. and i bet with some work you could wire up a defrost just like some have done for mirrors.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #52
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
the only things i would really like are, a manual T case. little more power, stronger leaf springs, heated mirrors, thats about all i can thing of.

MPG is good IMO it is a truck after all.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #53
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Heated mirror, sunroof, dual climate control, electical rear window, wipper defrost on window (great options on my old Subaru)... I have a list of stuff they should do to improve the current Tacoma, stuff that is pretty standard on most trucks. voice control activation as a standard options would be nice.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #54
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of the looks I'm getting sick and tired of Toyota's allergy to diesel and power. It's getting old.

My 2003 Tacoma will probably be my last (I've owned 3). They are awesome trucks. However, I'm getting tired of them making them less robust and more "cushy." The new 2013's have several new assist features. They boxed less of the frame (better ride, less strength), etc.

Independent of this article, Toyota needs to offer a V8 for the Tacomas or a diesel. They put a V8 in the 4Runners but not Tacomas? WTF?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #55
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I want a hybrid
A hybrid truck? I'm disgusted
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #56
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
A hybrid truck? I'm disgusted
Why
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
Regardless of the looks I'm getting sick and tired of Toyota's allergy to diesel and power. It's getting old.

My 2003 Tacoma will probably be my last (I've owned 3). They are awesome trucks. However, I'm getting tired of them making them less robust and more "cushy." The new 2013's have several new assist features. They boxed less of the frame (better ride, less strength), etc.

Independent of this article, Toyota needs to offer a V8 for the Tacomas or a diesel. They put a V8 in the 4Runners but not Tacomas? WTF?
Just look at the posts above... They want trucks but want them to be luxury cars. If I'm buying a truck I expect it to be rugged reliable powerful. But reliability is more important than power. The last thing I'm looking for is a cushy ride and a comfortable climate (wtf?) And hybrids lawl. I'm with you no V8? And a reliable diesel in the US is hard because of emission standards. By no means am I going to ditch toyota but I'm not buying anything newer than the first gens. Maybe they need to start looking at these forums before they make the next Generation...
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #58

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just look at the posts above... They want trucks but want them to be luxury cars. If I'm buying a truck I expect it to be rugged reliable powerful. But reliability is more important than power. The last thing I'm looking for is a cushy ride and a comfortable climate (wtf?) And hybrids lawl. I'm with you no V8? And a reliable diesel in the US is hard because of emission standards. By no means am I going to ditch toyota but I'm not buying anything newer than the first gens. Maybe they need to start looking at these forums before they make the next Generation...
Cheer up Mr Crankey Pants
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Maybe they need to start looking at these forums before they make the next Generation...
They do, and users like you are in the minority.
The majority of posts are people wanting more gimmicks and bells and whistles. Just look at the "What do you hate about your Tacoma" thread and the other "wish list" threads.

Their comments are justified by saying that Chevy does it, or "I should have this in a 30k truck"

I agree to a point. A 30k truck should have "nice things"... but down to brass tacks, the trucks are too "loaded" and $10k too much.

They should have kept the 1st Gen style Tacoma, replaced the T100 with the Tundra, and added a new HD truck, instead of replacing a fantastic Tundra with a fugly POS HD and moved the taco to a "mid size".

The 1st Gen Tundra had most of the "goodies" that people are crying about not having in the Tacoma.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #60

There will always be a market for reliability and ruggedness ehm the PU's and first gen Tacomas. toyota is behind bells and whistles wise and they have been my dad had an 04 Titan that was way more luxurious than his 05 tundra. But the tundra overall much better truck. Also...always wanted the manual tundra...