LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Best Shell for Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed???

Old 08-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
Best Shell for Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed???

I just got a 2007 Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed. What company makes a good shell A.R.E ,Snug Top Leer???? Thanks- Rich
Old 08-20-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion Leer makes the best. The flush fit windows look way better than the windows with trim around them. I have had an eye on them since I bought my truck, just have to look under the couch for $2500 in pocket change.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Sixgunsam is on a distinguished road

Sixgunsam's Tacoma Gallery
I had an A.R.E. on my 1992 Toyota 4WD for 15years. Repainted it once and was still good when I traded it on for the new one on my 2007 Taco 4x2 access cab. Original price $800 in 1992, new one was $1054. IMHO it's one of the better purchases I've ever made for a vehicle accessory.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #4

I was going with the CX by A.R.E. but they kept changing prices on me. I bought a Leer 100R. The same one that is on my Ranger Supercab XLT , of course this one will be in Black Sand Pearl, not Silver.The Leer 100R is $1099(Base) with headliner , front flipdown slider window(easy to clean the windows, truck and cap)12 volt wired light installation , and California tax, it will be $1400 out the door. It has factory matched paint(using the Toyota paint code) The color and shell last as long as the truck. It is not drilled on it uses a clamp system using the rails inside. It can be removed easy with two people , although I never do. It is also water tight, for protecting all your stuff...Rich
Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #5

Yeah! Next Saturday it goes on(Hope Hope Hope!!!) I need to take some more without shots as it will be with shell a long time. Oh! Well , I can be camping and my stuff will be safer.... Pics coming soon...Rich
Old 09-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
gegundez will become famous soon enough
gegundez's Tacoma Gallery
Some good ideas, definitely will think about for the future.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Rich good luck with it, and nice Taco. I've had 2 ARE Products.
1 cap on my 89 Toy long bed and a ARE Lid on my 03 Taco. You might have run into a bad dealer for ARE.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
Sixgunsam is on a distinguished road

Sixgunsam's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the A.R.E. CX painted Silver to match my Taco and with the fold-down/pass-thru window option the day after I picked up my new '07. Expect it soon and will post pics when I get'em. Price was about the same $1055 +Tax,etc. Looking forward to the day it gets installed. I feel "exposed" without it!! LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
WHO IS THE DRIZZ is on a distinguished road
WHO IS THE DRIZZ's Tacoma Gallery
Yo this post just motivated me to join! I got a Leer 100R, it was cool the first week i had it....then I saw the flaws uneven overhang, paint, and the mounting system. I have a Magnetic grey metallic paint job so i got the cap painted to match. It ended up being more of a green tint than black and diff size flake. Now thats all i see when i look at my truck no matter the light. the other thing that really pisses me off is that the cap overhangs the whole bed and its not uniform (I now look at every truck that has a cap to see if overhangs the bed most trucks don't, but tacos and leer have a high ratio). The manual says to tighten up the mounting system once a month i live on gravel washboard roads and have to tighten em up once a week so its not sliding. when i do all i hear is the fiberglass creaking and flexing. why didn't leer put some metal in to reinforce the areas where the clamps go? not even grade 8 bolts r holding it down from the factory (they bend when u try to tighten it). i took my truck back to get the cap reinstalled for free. they ended up doing it wrong again. the only good thing is that it hasn't leaked yet. I cant wait to take it off in the summer to redo the mounting system b4 i break the fiberglass. anyway hope this helps, I should saved the 2 g's!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Worth looking at.

Can't vouch for the quality but check out the prices on these http://www.belairshells.com/generic.tpl?PageName=10