Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

1st Gen vs. 2nd Gen - Purely Cosmetic. What do You Prefer?

View Poll Results: What body styling do you prefer?
1st Gen Body - I'm old school 7 53.85%
2nd Gen Body - I'm new school 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
tram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud oftram has much to be proud of

tram's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen vs. 2nd Gen - Purely Cosmetic. What do You Prefer?

I thought it would be interesting to see what others prefer. I'm not talking about dimensions or features. Purely based on appearance, what body style do you prefer?

Personally, I've always been a traditional/resistant to change kind of guy. I think they are both BEAUTIFUL trucks, but I prefer the look of the 1st Gens.

(I do wish it had the extra room, back doors, and modernizations of the 2nd Gen though.)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Stock to stock i like the first gens more. but when you spend some time and work on the second gens i think they look better with custom glass and removing all the chrome ect
Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen for me for looks although a 1st gen DCSB is a good looking truck too.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen wooo! unbiased opinion I just like the simplicity of the body. there's no secrets. no "fluff" as most new cars (including 2nd gen) have. it's what I consider to be the last of the true, rugged Toyota pickup
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I get a warmer feeling in my belly when i see a first gen drive past me.