Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2014 Tundra To Be Unveiled on Feb 7

Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #81
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
No mechanical changes, so no rear locker.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #82
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i couldn't figure out the bed light switch for a minute, interior looks nice, exterior, mmmm not so much
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #83
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Combo 6- and 4-pin trailer plugs built into the top of the bumper, without a low-hanging bracket.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #84
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Interesting how the tailgate handle has "Toyota" embossed on it. And the TRD OR will come with Michelin LTX A/T tires? That's a good improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
Hey that tundra will be a bad MF with some trail armor on it though!
Quote:
The fact that they even offer an Offroad trim on a truck this size is ludicrous (but not for sales!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
Im with i think about everyone else when i say the grill is kinda funny looking, however the colormatched, or i guess the platinum package, does help a lot.
The color matched grille surround helps TONS. It's actually decent looking in that combo.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #85
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
The fact that they even offer an Offroad trim on a truck this size is ludicrous (but not for sales!)
They had a "Rock Warrior" trim level before.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #86
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They had a "Rock Warrior" trim level before.

Yeah. I thought that was cute. I've seen a couple on the road. It's sad.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #87
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Platinum trim level has a colormatched grille surround:

That is a LOT better... and a Satoshi will complete the look.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #88
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I agree 100% that the platinum edition grill looks better. I actually like it with the color matched surround. The regular just has wayyyyy too much chrome, and I even like some chrome.

Interior looks really great, I like its ass too
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #89
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats where ARB comes in with their air lockers . I actually mentioned the rock warrior package in the other thread on the new tundras too. although its the same concept as what they did with the T|X package tacomas (just take a TRD OR and slap wheels and cool stickers on it), i liked that the rock warriors were colormatched up front too. and the rims are kinda nice lookin lol. I do love me some TRD rims...
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #91

Quote:
T-150?

No surprise. Toyota has a long history of aping segment leaders with its designs. Compare a 1st gen Tundra to the generation of F-150 that came before it.

Or the 3rd gen 4runner to the Ford Explorer, both utes being built in the 90s and the Explorer finding mega-sales-success first.

I love ToMoCo, but innovative stylists they are not.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #92
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No surprise. Toyota has a long history of aping segment leaders with its designs. Compare a 1st gen Tundra to the generation of F-150 that came before it.

Or the 3rd gen 4runner to the Ford Explorer, both utes being built in the 90s and the Explorer finding mega-sales-success first.

Tundra's interiors (and exterior to a certain degree) looked similar to F-150 also back in the day.

2002 Ford F-150:

2003 Toyota Tundra:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #93
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The T-150 (Tundra) concept truck was shown 2 years before the F150 saw the light of day.

Also, Toyota came out with the new "T" truck logo... and the next generation F150 had a dash cluster visor shape that matched it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #94
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I think they're better off keeping the design of the 1st gen tundra, but making it bigger.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #95
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
at first glance i didnt like it at all. chevys fender flares but its already growing on me and makes the last model look boring .
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #96
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
at first glance i didnt like it at all. chevys fender flares but its already growing on me and makes the last model look boring .
Same, I still think its ugly with the fully chromed grill though. That color matched front looks so much better. And at least it doesn't have chevys stupid square fender wells. There still trying to make there trucks resemble the 80's models, just very modernized.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #97
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I agree with you on toyotas styling. I think they focus more on reliability and value where domestics focus more on styling and features. Can't really argue with toyotas logic considering sales overall.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #98
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
Terrible, who is the idiot that approved this re-design? the front end looks transformer-ish
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #99
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I cant stand that Toyota keeps thinking bigger is better. I had a 2003 Tundra. It was a good size for a full size truck. The new one is way too big. I love my Taco but frankly its almost as big as the 2003 Tundra. I prefer the 1st gen Taco size or even the pre-taco size.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
I cant stand that Toyota keeps thinking bigger is better. I had a 2003 Tundra. It was a good size for a full size truck. The new one is way too big. I love my Taco but frankly its almost as big as the 2003 Tundra. I prefer the 1st gen Taco size or even the pre-taco size.

Don't agree. If Toyota is going to compete in the US market, the need a truly full size truck. The new Taco's are just right for a small pickup.

Love the Tundra's - but far the nicest looking pickup on the market, especially when tricked out a bit. There will always be whiners when they make changes, and low and behold, 'it grew on me and now I love it' comments show up later. Love to have a Tundra 4X4, some don't get it though. Their loss.