1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Observation: Used Taco's cost more then Used Tundras

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by FU_FJ, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Aug 20, 2007 at 2:32 PM
    FU_FJ

FU_FJ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Whore!!!
    07 FJ Cruiser TRD SE 4x4, 01 Taco Dbl Cab SR5 TRD 4x4, 04 Celica w/Action Pkg, 97 4Runner LTD 4x4
    4 months ago I set out to find a Toy pickup that i could haul some people in and that i could use for my construction business...

I looked only at Toyotas since i have owned Toys since 1984 and know that you get what you pay for with them.

Anyhow, i finally decided that a 01-04 Taco double cab or a 1st gen Tundra acess cab was what best fit my needs so i set out to find the one that i wanted at the price i wanted to pay...

as time went on, i looked at a LOT of Tundras and less than a handful of Taco dbl cabs (these are hard to find for sale!)... i was surprised that the Tundras are priced the same or a little cheaper than the Taco.

I finally found the perfect Taco about 2 wks ago and paid $14,300 for it...

I was really surprised at how the Taco held its resale value against the full sized Tundra. I wonder if the 2nd gen Tacos will do the same against the 2nd gen Tundras as well...

2. Aug 21, 2007 at 3:48 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I think that since the Tacoma has been around longer and is easier to afford over all (fuel, maintenance, payments, etc) that the Tacoma is just more appealing. I know I didn't even consider a Tundra since I don't need that much truck. The Tacoma is the perfect balance of utility, economy, quality, comfort, and power.

3. Aug 21, 2007 at 6:37 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Yeah, one of the dealers tried to convince me i wanted a new Tundra, but i never even considered one and probably never will. I don't need that much truck

Products Discussed in

To Top