Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Afghanistan - Land of Toyota's

Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #41
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt get a pic of them, but when I was out there we had a couple contractors do a run with us. They had some nice yotas. Had winches front and back, and two of em had armored flip up "sun roofs". Then of course the green A.N.A rangers and hilux trucks.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #43
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
I didnt get a pic of them, but when I was out there we had a couple contractors do a run with us. They had some nice yotas. Had winches front and back, and two of em had armored flip up "sun roofs". Then of course the green A.N.A rangers and hilux trucks.
I was personally hoping to see more of the A.N.A. and A.N.P. Ford Rangers. If anything, they were always at the chow hall.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
wordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the roughwordtothis is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
wordtothis's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is legit - I love the up-armored LCs - but I also have to say - the FIRST thing I thought when I saw the picture of all those LCs lined-up was not too far from the earlier post. I mean think about it, each of those things cost more than $70K new - then put about $50 - $60+ worth of add-on/armor/jib-jab - and the drivers should consider themselves damn lucky that their country will pull out all the stops to make sure they're safe.
I would do bad things for one of those LCs JUST like they sit in those pictures.

-probably one of the best threads I've seen in a while.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #45
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my hood scoop was functional.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #46
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm a huge Toyota fan, and when they told me I was deploying to Afghanistan, I couldn't contain my excitement. My first thought when they said Afghanistan, was Toyota's.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #47

I just remembered when I was over there last year. I had the chance to ride with the Army MP's in their Land Cruisers and all I could say was DAMN! They're driving around a $60,000 luxury SUV. I saw a few Land Cruiser Prado's (Which I would personally prefer) that the Army operated as their patrol vehicles.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #48
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
subd
What does subd mean?
Old 03-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
05TacoSr5 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2T071 Traffic Management Craftsman
Name: Josh
05TacoSr5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
I just remembered when I was over there last year. I had the chance to ride with the Army MP's in their Land Cruisers and all I could say was DAMN! They're driving around a $60,000 luxury SUV. I saw a few Land Cruiser Prado's (Which I would personally prefer) that the Army operated as their patrol vehicles.
Those uparmoed LC's are more like $260,000 by the looks of the mods. That's how I was headed to SWA in 2006 and deploying with the Army. Best OS deployment ever.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoSr5 View Post
Those uparmoed LC's are more like $260,000 by the looks of the mods. That's how I was headed to SWA in 2006 and deploying with the Army. Best OS deployment ever.
The ones I posted I can see being 260K. But the regular MP Land Cruisers were practically bone stock. No armor or anything. Just an LED blue lightbar.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #52
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What does subd mean?
just means "subscribed" to the thread so on the control panel page the thread will come up when someone posts to it. Whenever you make a comment on a thread for the first time you are automatically "subscribed" to it.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #53
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
awesome thread OP. Couldn't it be possible the LC's are privately owned?

Quote:
What does subd mean?
subd= subscribed = people get notified whenever there's a new post in this thread
Old 03-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #54

Thank you for that guys. I was drawing a blank there. Appreciate it.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #55
digi is on a distinguished road
digi's Tacoma Gallery
I admit that I enjoy the eye candy but it is hard to appreciate any of this when you pay as much as my family every year in taxes.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
I admit that I enjoy the eye candy but it is hard to appreciate any of this when you pay as much as my family every year in taxes.
I know. I give props to the locals out there that keep their old school HiLux Surfs, Corollas, HiLuxs, Land Cruisers and 4-Runners running far longer than we ever have/could. Maybe the government can learn a thing or two from the locals out there about vehicle management.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #57

Alright guys, I'm going to go off topic of the Toyota's I saw in Afghanistan and show a few other impressive looking vehicles over there. So here's a couple to start this portion off . . . .

Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #58
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Why does that look like a post office box in the background?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #59
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
All those yota's are eye candy.

But that bowtie mobile....eww
Old 03-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #60
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Drove off with the gas handle?

Matt