Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Afghanistan - Land of Toyota's

Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #101
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
It's not a Toyota but oh well...

Attachment 212992

Attachment 212993

The Oshkosh Sandcat, as some versions are called, and this is the Plasan Sandcat. Israeli's are really getting their use out of them.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #102
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Hey everyone. I fly freight in and out of Afghanistan everyday on a 747-400. Here is an old thread where I took a plane load of bullet "resistant" hilux's into Kandahar. We can take 18 at a time.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...of-hiluxs.html

We are now taking in the new MATVS and bringing out the old Humvees.
You still alive?!?!?!

I sure hope you weren't on the supply 747 ferrying vehicles that went down.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #103
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Wooops! Pic I shot, broke ass Toyota Hilux Surf
Attached Thumbnails
Afghanistan - Land of Toyota's-cimg1904.jpg  
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #104
YotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
YotatechMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I was at some Toyota training there was an African that moved to Canada and got a job as an auto tech. He was stating that Toyota is consired the number one down in Africa as well. I'd like to see the vehicles they have there.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #105
YotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotatechMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That would be sweet
Old 06-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #106
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I found this thread earlier...I wonder how many of those up-armored Toyotas end up using all the extra protection. I assume you can't do much low key work in them anymore. It looks like there are more than enough of those over there anyone could pick an up-armored one out a crowd.

The big question...when do they start showing up at surplus auctions.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Wish I found this thread earlier...I wonder how many of those up-armored Toyotas end up using all the extra protection. I assume you can't do much low key work in them anymore. It looks like there are more than enough of those over there anyone could pick an up-armored one out a crowd.

The big question...when do they start showing up at surplus auctions.
Bullet proof truck to get your groceries lol
Old 06-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #108
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey everyone. Figured it's time for an update. Saw this online and forgot I had it saved to my laptop. Pretty cool picture of some badass looking Tacoma's with roof racks, some Land Cruiser Prado's, Land Cruisers, Ford Everest (In front of Land Cruisers) and Ford Rangers.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #109
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
Hey everyone. Figured it's time for an update. Saw this online and forgot I had it saved to my laptop. Pretty cool picture of some badass looking Tacoma's with roof racks, some Land Cruiser Prado's, Land Cruisers, Ford Everest (In front of Land Cruisers) and Ford Rangers.

Let me guess they drove the fords off the cliff? I take it the troops are saying their goodbyes?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Let me guess they drove the fords off the cliff? I take it the troops are saying their goodbyes?

Haha. I don't know. Maybe the American made versions? The Ford's they operate come straight from Russian and Thailand. Probably better made. But I like the racks on those 3 Tacoma's.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #111
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha. I don't know. Maybe the American made versions? The Ford's they operate come straight from Russian and Thailand. Probably better made. But I like the racks on those 3 Tacoma's.
Ya me too, Im kinda interested to see more of that tan truck to the left
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #112
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude, what are you parked next to in your sig, a unimog? It looks so awesome!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Dude, what are you parked next to in your sig, a unimog? It looks so awesome!
Yeah. It's a Unimog. And thanks. I participated in a car show back in April and the Unimog showed up too. Couldn't resist getting a shot with it.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #114

Quote:
Ya me too, Im kinda interested to see more of that tan truck to the left
That's the Afghan National Army's Ford Ranger. They look badass in person.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #115

Quote:
That's the Afghan National Army's Ford Ranger. They look badass in person.
Heck it looks badass in the pic haha, I want a better look on that armor and stuff. The unimog in your sig is SWEET!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #116

Quote:
Heck it looks badass in the pic haha, I want a better look on that armor and stuff. The unimog in your sig is SWEET!
I posted a pic of an ANA Ford Ranger I saw on my deployment. It was pretty beat up, but hell, they'll still drive them.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #117
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
Here's an update; probably the baddest Toy in Afghanistan...

That is bad A$$
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #118

YES!!!! Finally! When I was over there, someone had saved a couple pics of these on the government computers and I wanted those pics!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #120

I want those wheels!