Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Afghanistan - Land of Toyota's

Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerial Porter
Tacoma13SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Afghanistan - Land of Toyota's

Anyone who has been to the Middle East knows that Toyota's are a favorite among both the local population and that of Military Personnel from all over the world. Anyone have any pics from deployments or else where?

Here's a few to start from my recent deployment to Afghanistan . . . .

I have a few more, but these are just the start.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
cool thread man
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Tacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma13SR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'll post more of a bunch of Land Cruisers that look to be modified by Arctic Trucks of Iceland.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #4

^Polish Land Cruiser

Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
sweet dude, lots of old and new hiluxes in there
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #6

Yeah. They had a lot modified in crazy ways. Old and new Tacoma's and HiLux's with 3rd axles and custom steel and wooden beds. I was living it up over there.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #7

Here is a personal favorite of mine - Mostly because of the modifications done to it and the battle scars.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics! Functional hood scoops on those trucks. I didn't take any pics during my year in Afghanistan. Photography was strictly banned base-wide, especially for us contractors.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobe View Post
Great pics! Functional hood scoops on those trucks. I didn't take any pics during my year in Afghanistan. Photography was strictly banned base-wide, especially for us contractors.
I know what you mean. We had a lot of contractors fired (Mostly Indians and Bosnians) because they had pictures of things around the base. And because their contracts state no laptops, cameras or cell phones. But U.S. contractors, depending on the base, could usually do what they please.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #10

And here are the Toyota Land Cruisers that look to be modified by Arctic Trucks of Iceland.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thread bro I never made it to afgan but those Iraq yota were sweet it was a shame to blow some of them up and it sucked cuz I tried to mail home parts that I needed or wanted for my 82' and they wouldn't let me stupid POG mail guys, but anyway looking forward to this thread
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
Awesome thread bro I never made it to afgan but those Iraq yota were sweet it was a shame to blow some of them up and it sucked cuz I tried to mail home parts that I needed or wanted for my 82' and they wouldn't let me stupid POG mail guys, but anyway looking forward to this thread
Thanks man. I'm hoping others will post what they have too. I'm always wanting to see some of the rare stuff you don't normally see in those parts of the world.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a diesel engine in that tacoma in the first pictures?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
Is that a diesel engine in that tacoma in the first pictures?

Yes. But I don't believe that it's a Tacoma, even though it does look like one. That one is probably one of the older HiLux's they had and just modified it.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
I know what you mean. We had a lot of contractors fired (Mostly Indians and Bosnians) because they had pictures of things around the base. And because their contracts state no laptops, cameras or cell phones. But U.S. contractors, depending on the base, could usually do what they please.
Our PMO 'reinterpreted' the base regs at Camp Leatherneck and decided that ALL contractors (not just the TCNs) were not allowed to have personals computers, cameras, phones, thumb drives, etc. They raided a bunch of our rooms, collecting all that, until official complaints were filed. I just kept anything electronic locked up after that.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenobe View Post
Our PMO 'reinterpreted' the base regs at Camp Leatherneck and decided that ALL contractors (not just the TCNs) were not allowed to have personals computers, cameras, phones, thumb drives, etc. They raided a bunch of our rooms, collecting all that, until official complaints were filed. I just kept anything electronic locked up after that.
Wow. That's what happened on occasion. Army MP's and Security Forces would have all the contractors step out of their rooms and search them. After that, they had a vast majority of Bosnian's sent back with a new batch on their way in. Vicious cycle.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Tacoma13SR5;6464670]And here are the Toyota Land Cruisers that look to be modified by Arctic Trucks of Iceland.

That things got some sweet wheels
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #19

[QUOTE=Maximus;6477677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma13SR5 View Post
And here are the Toyota Land Cruisers that look to be modified by Arctic Trucks of Iceland.

That things got some sweet wheels

Here's a close up of the wheels for ya.