Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Tacoma Redesign coming.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Redesign coming.

In 2012 with possible hybrid option!

Here is the article.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you mean 2012!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I hope you mean 2012!
I fat fingered it, I edited my post to reflect.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thats a long run 7 years. Oh well i'm happy it'll keep my resale up.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
FU_FJ is on a distinguished road

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Humm..... Intersting...

Quote:
FJ Cruiser: A redesign is likely for the 2012 model year, with lots of special editions and a reskin for the 2010 model year. It may be a one-generation boutique vehicle.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
renkuohai is on a distinguished road
renkuohai's Tacoma Gallery
how about 2011??

Check out this site...could it be true? Edmunds says 2011 is a redesign.

http://www.edmunds.com/futuremodels/2011/index.html#t
Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #7
"Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW) Aegis FCS, Soon to Be LCPO on the USS BULKELY
Name: Jonas
swervin22's Tacoma Gallery
Original post is from 3 years ago....... Lot of changes since then, but I am onboard with the 2011 redesign of the Taco....... Still waiting on the Supra replacement too....
Old 04-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin22 View Post
Original post is from 3 years ago....... Lot of changes since then, but I am onboard with the 2011 redesign of the Taco....... Still waiting on the Supra replacement too....
yep, that's what I was gonna say as well.

Quote:
This article was last updated on: 08/20/07, 15:30 et
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Is it ....year 2012 (or model year 2013?)

Hybrid? Not sure what to think of that.....

Let's see.... I usually wait a couple years off a new redesign before buying. THat'll be in about 4 years from now. My truck will be 7 years old by that time. Maybe..... We'll see what else they have to offer.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma Hybrid...I think

It appears that some dealership in Alabama thinks there will be less model variants to choose from in 2012... I'm getting my Taco in late 2011 waiting for the 2012 to come out in the fall. I don't see vary many TRD sport long beds where I live but thats what I want. Anybody think they will do away with this variant in 2012 or are longbed sports just not popular in Nebraska????

Oh yeah...here is the link:
http://toyota-alabama.com/toyota-fut...rs-and-trucks/
Old 01-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Alright... I hope this new info turns out to be true. I just came home from the Midland auto show in Omaha Ne and was talking to a couple of toyota guys displaying the 2011 Tacoma.
One of the guys told me that in 2012 the Tacoma will of course look like the 4 runner like we all believe is coming. In addition the interior should have more changes than the exterior. The dash should change more like the interior of the FJ cruiser to add the interior flooring similar to the FJ as well being more rugged and rubberized with less carpet as well. There should be a few more color options (at least 2 Reds) and more wheels to choose from...maybe 17" with off road styling.
The front seats, he said, are supposed to be arched inward in the rear to allow more leg room for the rear passengers without actually changing the size of the truck.
And finaly he said there is talk of adding the rear window similar to that in the Tundra which will be electronicly controlled with two options. One that electronicly moves the entire solid rear window up and down, and a different option that has an electronicly controled split rear window like what is available now but controlled by a switch instead of reaching back to open and close it.

Thats it, thats pretty much everything he told me. Hopefully it's too much detail for it all not to be true but it seems like it would be pretty awesome to say the least. With the expected fall release date we will see how true it is.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post
Alright... I hope this new info turns out to be true. I just came home from the Midland auto show in Omaha Ne and was talking to a couple of toyota guys displaying the 2011 Tacoma.
One of the guys told me that in 2012 the Tacoma will of course look like the 4 runner like we all believe is coming. In addition the interior should have more changes than the exterior. The dash should change more like the interior of the FJ cruiser to add the interior flooring similar to the FJ as well being more rugged and rubberized with less carpet as well. There should be a few more color options (at least 2 Reds) and more wheels to choose from...maybe 17" with off road styling.
The front seats, he said, are supposed to be arched inward in the rear to allow more leg room for the rear passengers without actually changing the size of the truck.
And finaly he said there is talk of adding the rear window similar to that in the Tundra which will be electronicly controlled with two options. One that electronicly moves the entire solid rear window up and down, and a different option that has an electronicly controled split rear window like what is available now but controlled by a switch instead of reaching back to open and close it.

Thats it, thats pretty much everything he told me. Hopefully it's too much detail for it all not to be true but it seems like it would be pretty awesome to say the least. With the expected fall release date we will see how true it is.
hmmm interesting.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #13

He also toldme something about changinging from a 5 spd w/ overdrive to a 6 spd for fuel efficiancy which in his words would possibly save 1 or 2 mpg...I guess I would take what I could get.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #14

I think the 4 runner front end would look good on the tacoma...
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Redesign coming.-2011-01-23_16-30-22_901.jpg  
Old 01-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by 2 people that work at the tundra/tacoma manufacturing plant here in SA that there will be a few cosmetic changes in the 2012 models, (headlights, hood, bumber).

In 2014 there is going to be a complete redesign of the tundra and tacoma.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #17

Here's to hoping the guys at the plant are wrong!! I'm buying mine in 2012.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post

THIS is how you resurrect a thread: with good info.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
that article was from 2007
Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #20

The 2011 chicago auto show is next week and toyota is said to have one of their biggest displays ever...wonder if they would unveil a new tacoma there or wait until closer to a release date if there are any changes so they don't hurt 2011 tacoma sales???