1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino Lined inside cab of 92 toyota

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by DoubleYotaBoy, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    DoubleYotaBoy

DoubleYotaBoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clinton, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma prerunner
    Bull Bar, Chrome grille, JDM Chrome Headlights, 5000k HIDs headlights and fogs, Chrome Door handles, Ready Lift 2.25 inch front spacer, BFGs 265 75 16
    Hey guys i just finished rhino lining the inside of my 92 toyota. Idk if there are any threads on doing this but I just thought I would put it on here incase someone is looking to do something like this. The carpet had gotten so nasty and despite cleaning nothing helped. When I took the carpet up, it was apparent the reason for the stained carpet. There are mats that "mold" for the wiring on the floor board. I do not know what these are made of but one of them was decomposing and the oils were seeping through the carpet and staining it. I did not take pictures as I was so impatient to do this mod. It definately cleaned the truck up alot and will make future cleaning very easy. Basically its pretty easy, just time consuming.

First you will need to take the all the plastic pieces from around the bottom of the truck holding the carpet in. Next the seats need to come out including the seatbelts. Then just rip the carpet out. The key to a good finish on this is preparation, preparation, PREPARATION!!!! Clean the metal and surfaces to be rolled really good, and then sand with a 100 grain sand paper. Take a shop vac and suck all the dust from sanding out. May want to tape up screw holes and things you dont want to get covered.

If i could do it again I would have bought the kit from Oreilly autoparts or Advance auto, instead I just bought the can and roller tip. The kit has everything you need. It should only take 1 can but i did my truck pretty thick and did 3 coats with 2 cans. Make sure you dont apply this stuff if its cold outside, it says to have air temp of 50 and above. I think I have covered everything but if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

photo (4).jpg
    photo (5).jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    how much does each can cost? I was considering doing this to my truck.

3. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    DoubleYotaBoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clinton, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma prerunner
    Bull Bar, Chrome grille, JDM Chrome Headlights, 5000k HIDs headlights and fogs, Chrome Door handles, Ready Lift 2.25 inch front spacer, BFGs 265 75 16
    the can i used ran me around 42 if i remember right, and i think it was the most expensive one from the place, it was called DupliColor armor or something like that

4. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    Thanks, turned out good!

Ill have to check it out.

5. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    DoubleYotaBoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Clinton, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma prerunner
    Preciate it bud, if you have any questions feel free to ask

Products Discussed in

To Top