Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What have you done to your Pickup / 4Runner today? (Old School Edition)

Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I just haven't done a thing to my Pickup
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Took the Forester to see family in South Dakota so 1.) didn't have the truck, and 2.) it definitely was not nice haha

I can't wait for Spring weather to hit. Everything has been just sitting here wishing I had a heated garage.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #25

I stared at it as I walked up to my apartment.

Hasn't changed a bit . . .
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Was sort of recently got mine back running.

Blew a head gasket over a year ago and sat so I bought it off my parents. Replaced head gasket, changed all fluids and with a couple of tries it fired right back up!

Been driving it every other week. Time to invest money in the 93 now that the 99 is at a good stopping point (although mods never end!)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #27
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Replaced my O2 sensor yesterday! Drives so much better now.
New problem: Every time I disconnect the battery the stock radio loses a little function. A few months ago the tape deck stopped working and then the radio function stopped turning on, but it would come back after a few minutes. Now it doesn't work at all. When I hit the power button it turns the lights on but the display is blank and there's no sound.
Any ideas?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Replaced my O2 sensor yesterday! Drives so much better now.
New problem: Every time I disconnect the battery the stock radio loses a little function. A few months ago the tape deck stopped working and then the radio function stopped turning on, but it would come back after a few minutes. Now it doesn't work at all. When I hit the power button it turns the lights on but the display is blank and there's no sound.
Any ideas?
I'm willing to bet the wiring is just old... Probably could run new wire and everything would be good to go.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #29
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday spent the day doing some maintenance on the '90 Toyota Pickup I bought. Changed fluids in both differentials, transfer case and transmission. Was quite shocked at the rear differential. Almost like gel when it came out. Everything else was pretty clean. Drives much better now. Going to try and get the coolant and oil changed today.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #30
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Coated the frame with Rust Bullet today
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #31
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced the clutch in my pickup! It drives much better now.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #32
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
Just replaced the clutch in my pickup! It drives much better now.
Mine still has the original in it after 176,000+ miles.

Just replaced the shifter shaft and ball seat with new from Marlin Crawler. No more loose shifter.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmi...ver-ball-seats

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transmi...t-lever-socket
Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #34
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
A new hood for the 94 came in. A tree branch fell on the old one and I just didnt feel like doing more body work.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tomorrow I think I'm starting my OME suspension install. Hopefully I finish it this weekend. It doesn't seem too difficult, so the plan is to do rear tomorrow and front on Sunday, or the other way around.

AJohnson, did you have to use a 90* npt fitting for your front diff breather? That's what I did for mine but it was difficult to get in fully, so it might not be in entirely...
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #38
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Removed IFS. Removed 4" lift.

Installed Bilsteins!!!! I am in love! These are some quality pieces. The truck feel so much better. Damnnn
Old 04-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #39
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Tomorrow I think I'm starting my OME suspension install. Hopefully I finish it this weekend. It doesn't seem too difficult, so the plan is to do rear tomorrow and front on Sunday, or the other way around.

AJohnson, did you have to use a 90* npt fitting for your front diff breather? That's what I did for mine but it was difficult to get in fully, so it might not be in entirely...
I did not need a 90* fitting on my '85 solid axle. I had purchased Trail Gear diff breathers but then discovered that they can cause axle seals to leak, so I pulled the rubber boots off and slipped 1/4" fuel line over the fittings with Toyota 90930-03136 breathers.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #40
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I did not need a 90* fitting on my '85 solid axle. I had purchased Trail Gear diff breathers but then discovered that they can cause axle seals to leak, so I pulled the rubber boots off and slipped 1/4" fuel line over the fittings with Toyota 90930-03136 breathers.
Doh! Of course you didn't need a 90* fitting...completely forgot about that minor detail
The rest of it is exactly the same as what I did. 1/4" fuel line and Toyota breather plugs.