LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What have you done to your Pickup / 4Runner today? (Old School Edition)

Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #101
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Those look clean. You should do a retrofit
Old 05-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #103
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Drained the oil out of my duals to check for any carnage from Jambo. Good so far. Still looking for where the leak is originating from.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #107
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #109
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Hey guys,

I have the choice to pick up a friends (friend is loose but I know him pretty well) 91 sr5 v6 with 200k ish miles. No real modifications outside of gears that I know of. It is worked but not to hard. He said $3k but can go lower for a friend so probably $2500.

What exactly are these trucks going for now days...prices are all over the place in wyoming, but $2500 for anything that runs strong is generally a good price.This would be a project truck and something I can feel good about cutting and grinding on. I just need it to get me around while I revert to stock my truck and I collect in on some more cash and get a reg cab tundra that would pull this guy around probably the end of summer.

Look it over for rust. The V6 is susceptible to head gasket leaks. If its all structurally and mechanically sound I would do about that price. Depends on supply and demand in the area. I've had offers for three times that here in the Dakotas and Nebraska area.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #110
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Hey guys,

I have the choice to pick up a friends (friend is loose but I know him pretty well) 91 sr5 v6 with 200k ish miles. No real modifications outside of gears that I know of. It is worked but not to hard. He said $3k but can go lower for a friend so probably $2500.

What exactly are these trucks going for now days...prices are all over the place in wyoming, but $2500 for anything that runs strong is generally a good price.This would be a project truck and something I can feel good about cutting and grinding on. I just need it to get me around while I revert to stock my truck and I collect in on some more cash and get a reg cab tundra that would pull this guy around probably the end of summer.
I paid $3,650 for mine a few months ago. It's a '90 SR5 V6 with 256k miles on it and a cap. Engine and trans are strong. Body and interior are in good shape. Sounds like a good deal to me as long as everything is in decent shape.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #111
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Just re-torqued all of my new suspension and found grease all over the outside of my front driver's side CV boot on the differential side.
I think I either didn't get the axle back in correctly after installing the BJ spacers or the CV angle is too steep so the boot tore.
I don't have time or patience to do it myself so it's going to the shop tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #112
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just ordered a front diff drop kit to help those CV angles!
I've been hauling a lot of stuff around recently and the springs have held the weight beautifully. I had a bed full of wooden stakes, probably 200-300 pounds worth, and the springs were still higher than the stock suspension was with no weight. It's awesome! I also did a trip out to Santa Cruz a week ago and the handling on the very curvy roads was still really good given the change in height. I do have squeaks in my leaf packs now, so I might try OZ-T's solution of sandwiching a piece of rubber in between the leaves of the Dakars on his truck to see if that helps.
I've also been working on mounting an LED light onto the back of the truck and now I just need to wire it all together, hopefully that gets done tomorrow or something.

I should probably start a build thread...
Attached Thumbnails
What have you done to your Pickup / 4Runner today? (Old School Edition)-dscn4132.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #113

MOAR PICS!

1.5" bj spacer and 1" diff drop . . . ?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #114
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
MOAR PICS!

1.5" bj spacer and 1" diff drop . . . ?
Haha, yeah I'll get some up soon. I'm pretty busy with work right now so I've been slacking with a lot of pictures that I need to add both here and on Facebook.

Well from what I understand, there is about an inch, maybe a little more, of space between the bottom of the front differential and the bottom of the frame. If you drop the front diff lower than the frame, you risk hitting it on rocks, which I would rather not do. And I don't think you need much to help those front axle angles, just enough to prevent the ribs of the boots from rubbing together. I also will probably need to drop the torsion bars a little, if not to just level out the front because the passenger side is noticeably lower than the driver side.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #115
LensCap

So I was looking at the instructions for installing the diff drop and the torque specifications are conflicting. I ordered the kit from 4crawler offroad and their instructions say to use the FSM torque or 50-70 ft lbs if you don't have the FSM. The FSM says 123 ft lbs...anyone know what to use?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #116
LensCap

Dammit, didn't realize that the sway bar drop is needed in order to drop the front diff...need to order that now
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #117

Dang, wish I woulda said something ha I just assumed . . .
Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #118
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes!

Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #119
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Dang, wish I woulda said something ha I just assumed . . .
Did you do a front diff drop? I'm having trouble getting the passenger side bolt in on the differential after dropping it... I think it just needs some pry bar action or something but I could be screwing something up