Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What have you done to your Pickup / 4Runner today? (Old School Edition)

Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #141
thebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
thebeeler's Tacoma Gallery
Where is your idle at when the compressor is engaged? If it's dropping to much that could be source of your vibrations.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #142
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeeler View Post
Where is your idle at when the compressor is engaged? If it's dropping to much that could be source of your vibrations.
Does the idle drop for you 22re guys when you put the a/c on? It goes up for me
Old 09-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #143
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Mine goes up as well. No tac though, I have the base model haha
Old 09-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #144
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gave the truck a bath today. It's been a while, so it was filthy and now looks brand new! Also rotated the tires (I had rotated them about 750 miles ago but then when I got an alignment about 250 miles ago they rotated them again, so I rotated them back). Making the 500 mile trek back to Davis tomorrow...
Buzzard, did you get the A/C thing figured out?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #145
thebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebeeler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If your truck came with A/C it should have an idle up valve, so the A/C shouldn't affect the idle to much, but it is more strain on the motor. I definitely notice when I turn the A/C on.

Got my front 4.30 gears ordered today to match the rear E-locker, and made my harness for the elocker. Just waiting on some taps and studs from LROR then I will be slapping it in.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #146
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
its been a month now probably. but i just learned how to do pictures correct, here you go

Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #147
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Finally took some quick snaps of my retros in action with something other than my phone:

OFF:

DSCF0035.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr

Low Beams:

DSCF0033.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr

High Beams:

DSCF0034.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr

Above cut off line:

DSCF0036.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr

Below cut off line:

DSCF0037.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr
Old 03-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #148
92yotapu is on a distinguished road

Marines: veteran corporal, mike battery 3rd battalion, 11th marines
Name: Joseph
92yotapu's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #149
Got my FX-R's all put in today. Still need to do some aiming. And swap the white seal for a black one.

Where they were aimed upon first bolting them in.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #151

I went with the D2S minis. I'm curious if the difference in light output is vast or not.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #153
The FXR fits just fine, the headlight bucket on the 3rd gen pickups has a large enough hole no cutting is required. On the earlier trucks they don't have as large a hole, so cutting the bucket would be required or swap a later model bucket in. I went with Philips 85122 bulbs and for right now just Morimoto 55 ballasts. Have a set of Hella gen 3 ballasts to mod from 35w to 75ishwatts. I'll put up some output pics next, need to use a better camera.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #154
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeeler View Post
The FXR fits just fine, the headlight bucket on the 3rd gen pickups has a large enough hole no cutting is required. On the earlier trucks they don't have as large a hole, so cutting the bucket would be required or swap a later model bucket in. I went with Philips 85122 bulbs and for right now just Morimoto 55 ballasts. Have a set of Hella gen 3 ballasts to mod from 35w to 75ishwatts. I'll put up some output pics next, need to use a better camera.
Preciate the info
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #156
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Changed the oil a few days ago; put in 10w40 and have some rattling at start up. Also found a receipt from the previous owner; he used only 20w50. Gonna have to switch to that but I just did this oil change lol.

Also, put the AC system back on. Also noticed that my RPM drops with the ac on and it begins to vibrate. Also noticed worse gas mileage.

How do you guys enjoy driving these trucks every day with little to no power? Maybe its just me because I also own a mustang Cobra and its quite the difference obviously. But with the little 22re I can't keep up with traffic on my way to go wheeling with the hills and what not. 33x12
50 on what I assume are stock gears is no bueno.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #157
LensCap

Hahaha, just noticed the skeletons hanging from your d-shackles, ajohnson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi22RE View Post
Changed the oil a few days ago; put in 10w40 and have some rattling at start up. Also found a receipt from the previous owner; he used only 20w50. Gonna have to switch to that but I just did this oil change lol.

Also, put the AC system back on. Also noticed that my RPM drops with the ac on and it begins to vibrate. Also noticed worse gas mileage.

How do you guys enjoy driving these trucks every day with little to no power? Maybe its just me because I also own a mustang Cobra and its quite the difference obviously. But with the little 22re I can't keep up with traffic on my way to go wheeling with the hills and what not. 33x12
50 on what I assume are stock gears is no bueno.
I think Chaz (buzzardsgottaeat) had that same issue with his AC compressor on his 22RE. Not sure if that ever was resolved

Haha, I don't drive anything other than my truck, but it's a truck so I don't expect it to accelerate quickly! Yeah those tires won't help... neither will the contrast between your truck and your mustang
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #158
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Hahaha, just noticed the skeletons hanging from your d-shackles, ajohnson!

I think Chaz (buzzardsgottaeat) had that same issue with his AC compressor on his 22RE. Not sure if that ever was resolved

Haha, I don't drive anything other than my truck, but it's a truck so I don't expect it to accelerate quickly! Yeah those tires won't help... neither will the contrast between your truck and your mustang
Yeah not sure if his issue go tresolved. Truck starts to shake a little bit, not good since the AZ heat is killer. I'll have to look into it.

Haha I don't expect it to accelerate quickly either but my old 96 Corolla felt worlds faster and more daily driver friendly. Yeah I need to get some smaller tires but might sell it if I get back into school so not worth the money right now. haha no the contrast is night and day.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #159

Turning my AC on still shakes my truck. Just not as horribly as it did before. I just messed with the belts.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #160
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
My buddy bought a used 3.slow manual truck. Read online that though the 3.4s don't seem to benefit much at all from exhaust mods, the 3.slow's muffler is a huge power killer so 3.slow owners get nice results from exhaust mods.

Pulled out the Hobart and he brought over an IS300 resonator he had lying around. Some cutting here and there and the IS300 resonator installed has less bends, strait through and more clearance. I thought the truck would be louder and beefier sounding, but its really REALLY quiet. But the kicker, a no-shitter big difference in power. Before it felt very anemic as the RPMs climbed, now its more linear in power delivery and feels overall stronger.

Not a bad mod at all- parts were free, less bends in the exhaust, "muffler" is now a strait through design vs OE baffled, sound and tone very tame yet a noticeable increase in power. Not a bad mod at all. Highly recommend if you have a 3.slow with OE exhaust, to open her up some.