Notices

Weak front suspension

Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
elcardee is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Carl
elcardee's Tacoma Gallery
Weak front suspension

Hey everyone, Today I took my 2012 Toyota 4x4, 4 door in to the dealership for them to check my undercarriage for the possibility of something loose in the suspension. I have noticed that when I drive on dirt roads, when I encounter an area with a mild "washboard" effect, I feel a distinct shimmy which is transferred into the steering column and can be felt in the steering wheel. I also seem to hear a mild rattle when this happens, although it is not pronounced. On the highway, the vehicle drives smoothly and I have never felt any unusual vibration in the front end whatsoever. They found nothing loose or out of adjustment and gave me to believe that this phemonena is just normal for this vehicle. I am very disappointed that a 4x4 is so seemingly such a lightweight and un-sturdy. The service man told me I should have bought a Tundra. I told him maybe I should have bought something that did not have a Toyota logo on it. Has anyone else noticed the weak suspension that I have observed? Was there ever a TSB issued on this problem that you know of?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
there's this but I don't know if it applies to the 2012...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...attle-tsb.html

are you lifted?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
there's this but I don't know if it applies to the 2012...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...attle-tsb.html
That ^^

I had it done on my '09
Old 03-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
elcardee is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Carl
elcardee's Tacoma Gallery
Weak front suspension

What do you mean by "lifted"?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
By lifted did you put a lift kit on it
Old 03-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcardee View Post
What do you mean by "lifted"?

Is this your first pick up with rack and pinion steering?