Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

engine breaking???

Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Pizzalm is on a distinguished road
Pizzalm's Tacoma Gallery
engine breaking???

Hello I have a new 2013 Tacoma SR5 and was going around a sharp corner at about 45 when the truck made a sound and began breaking it,s self. It only lasted maybe 2 seconds. Is this normal?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Break =/= brake. Elaborate more.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
Pizzalm's Tacoma Gallery
Engine braking

Engine braking was the only way I could relate it too.It seemed as the truck could tell that the corner I was taking might have been too sharp for the speed and slowed its self down. I don't think it was the engine it's self but I was definitely slowed down. Is this apart of the traction control or something?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like VSC kicked in
Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #6
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
Mine doesn't have Stability or traction control. I thought you meant the engine broke, as in blew up.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Sounds like VSC kicked in
^ This. I have only noticed the "engine braking" when going down an incline/grade that causes the rpm's to jump, but the truck is slower to shift -- best way to explain the feeling that I can come up with. Also, when you let off the gas, you can feel the engine brake some as you coast.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
WhiteTailPaul is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Sqdrn 2nd Cav
Name: Paul
WhiteTailPaul's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like VSC,your trk sensed body roll or slide and automatically applied the proper brake to correct it
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Pizzalm's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx guys for the input!