Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Need help in ID'ing year/type/accessories

Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
st101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Space Operations
st101's Tacoma Gallery
Question Need help in ID'ing year/type/accessories

Hi all.
I will probably need to purchase a new vehicle in the next several months and happened to walk by this the other day:

I've never owned a Toyota and was wondering if you can help me identify the things that you see installed on this thing.

Here's what I took note of:
  • black rims
  • dark tail lights
  • roof rack
  • step-rails
  • custom headlights (white trim on top part?)
  • "intake" on the hood
  • all black front grill

Would any of the above be available at time of purchase or are they all after-market?

I think it's a cool looking truck and couldn't wait until the driver of that one came back so I could ask him about it. I'd appreciate any help on what the actual names of these features/accessories actually are! Thanks

-st
Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Rims are just stock TRD Sport alloys painted black.
Taillights look like stock ones tinted.
Roof Rack looks after market
Steps look like a factory added option (May be mistaken)
T-Rex Eyelids can be added after the fact, plenty of DIY on here
Skewp comes with the TRD Sport Package which this truck has
Grill looks factory for a 2012-13 with the emblem blacked out.

Truck looks to be a 2012 or 2013 TRD Sport
Old 05-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
st101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedst101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Space Operations
st101's Tacoma Gallery
Well that was a speedy response. Thanks a lot!
Anything I should actually 'avoid' if I'm looking to buy one of these?
Anything I should definitely include/add? I'm not opposed to splurging a bit. Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Just be ready to catch the bug and spend lots of money customizing it. These things are a joy.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by st101 View Post
Well that was a speedy response. Thanks a lot!
Anything I should actually 'avoid' if I'm looking to buy one of these?
Anything I should definitely include/add? I'm not opposed to splurging a bit. Thanks again.
Avoid getting something you dont absolutely love, Dont compromise on color, Size of cab or any of that man. Decide exactly what you want and stick with it. Avoid getting anything customized before the fact, Nothing with a lift or any of that, The chance of the job being half assed is just to risky. If you are looking at buying a 2012-2013 i have heard entune is a pretty cool feature to have, There arent much creature features that you can get with the tacoma, Alot of bells and whistles with TRD stuff that is way overpriced. Get everything aftermarket.