Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

It's no Tacoma.....

Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
It's no Tacoma.....

But, I bought another Toyota. As my user name states "Toy4Life".

It's a 1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4, 116,500 miles, fully loaded. She needs a little bit of work, but for the price and condition, I don't regret the purchase. Due to questionable finances, there will be no major modifications anytime in the near future. Just necessary repairs. Here are a few pictures I took right after getting home with it today.

Yeah, I need to get new seat covers. And, although these 4Runners are known for rear end sag, there is about 200lbs of tools and auto fluids in the back. without that, it sits level.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
not bad at all! i like that body style for the 4runner
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like it. Needs some bigger tires if I can budget them in.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
that thing looks awesome man! very well kept.... hope you guys enjoy it!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
that steering wheel and shifter look so familiar to me yet I've never been near that style 4R...maybe when I was 5 or 6 my babysitter could have driven me around in one but idr.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
neat. love the Army Strong sticker...
Bottom left side is an Operation Iraqi Freedom sticker.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome Chad!!!

and you have a great,great base for when you get them $$$ for mods and such.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thats awesome Chad!!!

and you have a great,great base for when you get them $$$ for mods and such.
Thanks, Will. 1st thing will be some bigger tires. Right now it's got 235/75/15 BS Deullers. They are pretty worn, but not done yet. I also gotta hit up Bob for another TW sticker.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Thanks, Will. 1st thing will be some bigger tires. Right now it's got 235/75/15 BS Deullers. They are pretty worn, but not done yet. I also gotta hit up Bob for another TW sticker.
i'll be pulling the tires i got on here soon..........265/70/16 uniroyal laredo cross country.....only 6k miles on them......................you just pay shipping, and i'll give them to you, if you want them and wanna run 16's. just a thought anyway bro. they are good tires.....but i need a set of a/t tires.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #12

Quote:
i'll be pulling the tires i got on here soon..........265/70/16 uniroyal laredo cross country.....only 6k miles on them......................you just pay shipping, and i'll give them to you, if you want them and wanna run 16's. just a thought anyway bro. they are good tires.....but i need a set of a/t tires.
I appreciate the offer Will. Let me see what happens over the next few weeks. I too, would rather have ATs, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. I'd have to find some wheels to accomodate them.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
I appreciate the offer Will. Let me see what happens over the next few weeks. I too, would rather have ATs, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. I'd have to find some wheels to accomodate them.
just let me know either way brotha.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #14
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you T4L!!! 4Runners are sturdy Suv's and take a serious beating, looks like its in great condition so far!! congrats on the buy!!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #15

Quote:
just let me know either way brotha.
Will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Good for you T4L!!! 4Runners are sturdy Suv's and take a serious beating, looks like its in great condition so far!! congrats on the buy!!
I think it is in good condition for it's age. It was a southern runner, so rust hasn't destroyed it yet. The trick will be keeping it that way.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Will do.

I think it is in good condition for it's age. It was a southern runner, so rust hasn't destroyed it yet. The trick will be keeping it that way.
it may cost a little bit.............but you can sand the frame a bit if it needs it....pressure wash it really good, and buy cans of rubber undercoating for it.......and that should work pretty good to keep the rust at bay.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! looks good. i have a soft spot for 4 runners and land cruisers. i like the 1st and 2nd gen 4 runners the best, the 3rd gens look to "soft". even though its not a power house, like you said, that should be a reliable badass ride
Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad man, welcome back to being a Toy' owner. Too bad ya had to sell your Tacoma, I liked it.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Too bad ya had to sell your Tacoma, I liked it.
Me too, but it was a matter of survival.....and believe me, if I coulda found a Tacoma for this price, I would have been all over it.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, looks like its been well taken care of. What do you have to do to it?