Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Will a Tacoma be your next vehicle?

View Poll Results: Will your next vehicle be a Tacoma?
Yes! Definitely 75 43.60%
No way 30 17.44%
Undecided 67 38.95%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
hell NO. rather drive a cargo van or the mystery machine
You don't want a swagger wagon?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #22
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
This is something I think about a lot. I'm in the financial sector and I'm a pretty practical person. Some might say cheap, I say frugile. I commute 70 miles a day and sometimes wonder if I should drive an Accord, or Camry, etc. But then I think about how much I love my truck when I go camping, mountain biking, kayaking, to the beach. I know I sacrifice mpg's but I love the all-round practical uses I get from my truck.
i ride my motorcycle to save on gas. a ninja 250 or a 500cc bike is a good, practical, and fun mode of transportation.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #23
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
4lo's Tacoma Gallery
99'AC -> 06'AC -> 11"AC which Just turned into a 13 DCLB...FTW! Several 1ton Diesels for work over the years but usually have a Tacoma for the daily driver.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachito View Post
i ride my motorcycle to save on gas. a ninja 250 or a 500cc bike is a good, practical, and fun mode of transportation.
+1 been riding my ninja every day, havnt drove the truck in a week. 70mpg +- and 10 bucks to fill up cant beat it
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
+1 been riding my ninja every day, havnt drove the truck in a week. 70mpg +- and 10 bucks to fill up cant beat it
jesus. and i was happy about the 38 mpg i make on my 696, lol
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
Do you mean impulsive? Not really. I do read about cars a lot and I'm constantly watching car shows...Top Gear, Motorweek, Wheeler Dealer, etc. I think this gets me just looking at what different cars go for. I usually hold on to my vehicles for about 7+ years. I also buy used and I very much bargain shop when I do buy. I bought my '07 in 2010 for $18,500. It's practically appreciated because you cannot find an 07 even today for that unless it has a ton of miles on it. Used car market is not as good today.
yeah i thats what i meant.

yeah i love my ’07 got it like 2 years ago today i think(damn i have had it so long it seams like.) got it for like 24k with 24’9** miles on it. now has almost 55k. to many road trips.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #27
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachito View Post
jesus. and i was happy about the 38 mpg i make on my 696, lol
I get about 25-30mpg's on my CBR900RR.... (that's on a good day)
Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
yeah i thats what i meant.

yeah i love my ’07 got it like 2 years ago today i think(damn i have had it so long it seams like.) got it for like 24k with 24’9** miles on it. now has almost 55k. to many road trips.
bought mine in summer of 10 (so not even quite 3 years ago) with 40K miles on it. I now have 104K on it.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #29
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I will be tradinng mine in soon. I want a Raptor. I know it is a Ford but being tough as they are right off the show room floor and the pure Stiffy when around them. I want one. I do also miss my 08 Chrysler Minivan. Boys could be seperated , with the Taco it is hard to do so. Smaking in the head only works for one since it is hard to reach them both and drive safetly.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
I will be tradinng mine in soon. I want a Raptor. I know it is a Ford but being tough as they are right off the show room floor and the pure Stiffy when around them. I want one. I do also miss my 08 Chrysler Minivan. Boys could be seperated , with the Taco it is hard to do so. Smaking in the head only works for one since it is hard to reach them both and drive safetly.
I LOVE the Raptors but WAY too expensive for me and even more impractical for commuter.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
My next vehicle will most likely be an F-150 King Ranch. I like the Tacoma, but I love the F-150. I could also really use more interior room and towing capability, and the MPG is just as good, if not better, in the new F-150.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #32

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
My next vehicle will most likely be an F-150 King Ranch. I like the Tacoma, but I love the F-150. I could also really use more interior room and towing capability, and the MPG is just as good, if not better, in the new F-150.
I can see this...I like the new F150's. Our other car is an Eddie Bauer Expedition EL, which I love as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #33
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I might get a TDI diesel Amarok
I'd like a global Ranger please.

You may however be able to buy that VW soon enough, not very likely with the Ford....
Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #34
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it depends on what they look like when I get to that point. If they look like teh new 4 runner then no. For what my wife and I use a truck for the Tacoma is a perfect size and we have her Corolla that gets 70-75% of the driving duties during the week.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #35
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I have the same issue, I always want new shit! now that I've been working at RAM for a bit, I might give a 4th gen 1500 a shot. something like this...

Ross dont do it! tacoma lasts forever!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #36
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Look into those f 150’s more. buddys dad had like ’11 or ’12 and what a POFS that was. plastic trim stuff broke a few times with just a light bump and was not put, some also come all messed up. also lots of trans problems and engine problems. also the head lights fu*** suck, the high beams were like our low beams. me and buddy past like 4 cops with the high beams on and did not know it. also passed 15 or 20 cars no one ever flashed us or anything. the lights suck!! also it did not ride as nice as the my truck or buddy’s FJ.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #37
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I put no since I already have one and am looking to buy a motorcycle or a small car in addition so techinically it won't be my "next" vehicle.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #38
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Next vehicle: Cadillac CTS (in about a month) but I'm keeping my tacoma. I need a truck for play and a car to commute to work.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #39
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I have the same issue, I always want new shit! now that I've been working at RAM for a bit, I might give a 4th gen 1500 a shot. something like this...

Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #40
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm absolutely amazed that some of y'all could even begin to consider going to something like a dodge or a ford after owning a Toyota. Need more room or more power/capability? Better fuel economy if you don't need towing capability too. Only one answer that makes sense to me-