LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Will a Tacoma be your next vehicle?

View Poll Results: Will your next vehicle be a Tacoma?
Yes! Definitely 75 43.60%
No way 30 17.44%
Undecided 67 38.95%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Will a Tacoma be your next vehicle?

I have this disease that makes me constantly look at cars/trucks for sale even when I'm not in the market for a new vehicle. I often think though, that I will probably just buy another Tacoma when that time comes.

This may have been done before so sorry if so.

Will your next vehicle be a Tacoma? Yes, No, Undecided If no, what's your next vehicle going to be?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
I have this disease that makes me constantly look at cars/trucks for sale even when I'm not in the market for a new vehicle. I often think though, that I will probably just buy another Tacoma when that time comes.

This may have been done before so sorry if so.

Will your next vehicle be a Tacoma? Yes, No, Undecided If no, what's your next vehicle going to be?
Well I went from a ranger to a Taco, then a silverado then back to a taco, now I'm at an F150.. If I do swap it will be back to a taco..
Old 05-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue, I always want new shit! now that I've been working at RAM for a bit, I might give a 4th gen 1500 a shot. something like this...

Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought a Dodge Challenger since then but I dont know if my "next" vehicle will be a Tacoma but I will most likely buy another Taco in the future.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Next vehicles will include 5.0 mustang or shelby gt 500, f-450, jeep wrangler rubicon, and hopefully a diesel Tacoma.

Far fetched I know, but i'm hoping this engineering thing pans out.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
While I'm 90% sure I would do another Tacoma, part of me just wants a second car that is my daily driver. My Taco is doing fine as my DD, but I'd like to retire it to just occasional driving and trail runs so I could do some real work to it. Lockers, onboard everything, rack with rooftop tent, etc. I don't want to drive 50 miles a day to/from work with that kind of wind resistance on the freeway, and I don't want to keep wearing down my KM2's.

I would most likely stick with another Toyota either Camry or probably an FJ.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I don’t know yet. maybe. or if i have them money may get a tundra.

also OP are you implosive? my brother is like that. and all ways kinda wants new shit. or sells something then months later has something kinda like it agin.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't in the poll, but I've already done it. Bought a new SR5 in '06, traded it last year on an Off Road '10.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
grizzlygoalie is on a distinguished road
grizzlygoalie's Tacoma Gallery
Next one will be a RAM Power Wagon hopefully with a Cummins rattling around.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
While I'm 90% sure I would do another Tacoma, part of me just wants a second car that is my daily driver. My Taco is doing fine as my DD, but I'd like to retire it to just occasional driving and trail runs so I could do some real work to it. Lockers, onboard everything, rack with rooftop tent, etc. I don't want to drive 50 miles a day to/from work with that kind of wind resistance on the freeway, and I don't want to keep wearing down my KM2's.

I would most likely stick with another Toyota either Camry or probably an FJ.
This is something I think about a lot. I'm in the financial sector and I'm a pretty practical person. Some might say cheap, I say frugile. I commute 70 miles a day and sometimes wonder if I should drive an Accord, or Camry, etc. But then I think about how much I love my truck when I go camping, mountain biking, kayaking, to the beach. I know I sacrifice mpg's but I love the all-round practical uses I get from my truck.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #11

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
Wasn't in the poll, but I've already done it. Bought a new SR5 in '06, traded it last year on an Off Road '10.
that counts as a "yes"
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlygoalie View Post
Next one will be a RAM Power Wagon hopefully with a Cummins rattling around.
Now that would be an awesome rig. I didn't think they had plans for a cummins powered version though. Have you heard something?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Not likely. I'm 95% convinced my next ride will be a Tundra double cab. My only decisions at this point seem to be on which engine and which cargo box to go with. The Taco's been nice, but it's just too small. Besides, I'd be getting a larger truck with more power/capability, but still have the same shatty gas mileage that I have now so why not? Since there's no way in ten hells I'd buy from any other truck maker out there nowadays, Tundra it is!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i have a feeling once i pop a kid out ill be getting something more gas friendly, but until then the taco it is!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #16

Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I don’t know yet. maybe. or if i have them money may get a tundra.

also OP are you implosive? my brother is like that. and all ways kinda wants new shit. or sells something then months later has something kinda like it agin.
Do you mean impulsive? Not really. I do read about cars a lot and I'm constantly watching car shows...Top Gear, Motorweek, Wheeler Dealer, etc. I think this gets me just looking at what different cars go for. I usually hold on to my vehicles for about 7+ years. I also buy used and I very much bargain shop when I do buy. I bought my '07 in 2010 for $18,500. It's practically appreciated because you cannot find an 07 even today for that unless it has a ton of miles on it. Used car market is not as good today.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
TexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
This is something I think about a lot. I'm in the financial sector and I'm a pretty practical person. Some might say cheap, I say frugile. I commute 70 miles a day and sometimes wonder if I should drive an Accord, or Camry, etc. But then I think about how much I love my truck when I go camping, mountain biking, kayaking, to the beach. I know I sacrifice mpg's but I love the all-round practical uses I get from my truck.
I went from a 98 to a 13. Now I'm driving 50 miles a day to work and back and considering a dd. I was thinking about getting a used is definitely don't want a fwd.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
highly undecided. i like the gas savings and the smooth ride of a car. but, i hate having a low vehicle because of flooding. i thought about an SUV but they burn too much fuel and i'll have more use out of a truck. because i can't think of any vehicle that would satisfy me, i think i'm just going to keep this taco until it dies. then, maybe i'll bring it back to life and drive it some more. i'll just keep buying motorcycles to satisfy the new vehicle feeling.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
i have a feeling once i pop a kid out ill be getting something more gas friendly, but until then the taco it is!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachito View Post
hell NO. rather drive a cargo van or the mystery machine