Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Why would anyone want an old P/U?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Why would anyone want an old P/U?

This is why! I saw this awesome truck at Rausch Creek Pa 3 years ago and I can't get it out of my mind. Anyone have any details on the year, etc?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Max4yota has a similar one.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Cause older trucks are awesome! Early 80's body style.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't agree more.

Definately a first gen in the pic. It could be a 79 to an 83 (w/ round headlight conversion) since the latter had square headlights.

Love my 85 more than my 09.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery

Matt
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Why would anyone want an old P/U?-got-mud.jpg  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Great trucks, cheap to buy, cheap to build, solid axles from the factory, large round wheel wells for larger tires. Only potential down side is the carburetor, and few bells and whistles.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't say cheap to build. Its easy to sink a lot of money into an older one. Even with a solid axle from the factory, upgrades to make it a wheeler are costly. I have the 22re in mine so no issues there. If I had a carb I would have swapped over to propane.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of those seen in Sacramento for sale.Still looks better than most of today's trucks.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #11
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
yup early 80s first gen pickup
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't agree more.
Even tough I have a 2013 Taco I still have my old 1984 Toyota pickup
Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
09dcsb will become famous soon enough09dcsb will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
why wouldn't you want an older Toyota?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
This is why! I saw this awesome truck at Rausch Creek Pa 3 years ago and I can't get it out of my mind. Anyone have any details on the year, etc?

I had an '83 just like that one. Had a full interior roll cage, double tube roll bar with tube front and rear bumpers. That was an awesome truck! I had a altimeter, tilt, approach angle gauge out of a 80's 4runner in it too.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Man that truck in the first pic is sweet. Simple and just awesome!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
because they are on a whole different level of quality, especialy for when they were out..

i collect the old trucks, this is the one i wheel the most.. total rust bucket and was destined for the scrap heap untill i bought it in 2008 i have put 60k miles at least on it, a huge part of which were off road.

i rolled it last weekend? no weekend before last, and kept wheeling all day. dont worry. there is no end in sight for this truck yet. i have a PORTA POWER

i also added pictures of some of my other old toyota's and 2 of my old mans old toyota's
Attached Thumbnails
Why would anyone want an old P/U?-13942_1287568072123_7455130_n.jpg   Why would anyone want an old P/U?-14742_1294271119695_4835263_n.jpg   Why would anyone want an old P/U?-14742_1294281119945_7556141_n.jpg   Why would anyone want an old P/U?-384586_2706491464321_606766764_n.jpg   Why would anyone want an old P/U?-555462_3988430551997_1275851892_n.jpg  

Why would anyone want an old P/U?-20130901_065324.jpg   Why would anyone want an old P/U?-imagejpeg_0.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
because they are on a whole different level of quality, especialy for when they were out..

i collect the old trucks, this is the one i wheel the most.. total rust bucket and was destined for the scrap heap untill i bought it in 2008 i have put 60k miles at least on it, a huge part of which were off road.

i rolled it last weekend? no weekend before last, and kept wheeling all day. dont worry. there is no end in sight for this truck yet. i have a PORTA POWER

i also added pictures of some of my other old toyota's and 2 of my old mans old toyota's
Indestructa-truck! Love it! I'd shit myself if I had any one of these Pickups in this thread. That's my next plan, actually- if I get this shipyard job, I'm going to go out and by myself a Hilux pickup for a mud/offroad truck and keep Stonewall as my DD.
Subbed for more pics!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
What I'd give to be a young early 20 something in the 80's, rolling in an early 80's Toyota Pickup and listening to some of the best rock n' roll to ever hit the Earth. But alas I'm a bland 90's kid.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
What I'd give to be a young early 20 something in the 80's, rolling in an early 80's Toyota Pickup and listening to some of the best rock n' roll to ever hit the Earth. But alas I'm a bland 90's kid.
I think there was roughly 8-10 Toyota 4WD PU's in my high school parking lot, at any given time, in the early to mid 80's. Not to mention the amount of 60's muscle cars that were cheap and plentiful. They were good times, for sure.