Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

My "New to Me" 1980!

Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
My "New to Me" 1980!

Just got the truck today! Been wanting an old one like this for years and finally found one that was rust free. Runs and drives great, SR5 package. Hopefully it will be a good reliable truck for years to come!
Attached Thumbnails
My "New to Me" 1980!-img_0580-copy.jpg   My "New to Me" 1980!-img_0579.jpg   My "New to Me" 1980!-img_0581.jpg   My "New to Me" 1980!-img_0582.jpg   My "New to Me" 1980!-img_0583.jpg  

Old 08-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
love that body style..
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If only someone...anyone still built a simple, rugged truck like this.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I want one of these bad. i will have one on day!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys! Even has A/C.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool truck indeed.

Any big plans for it?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. I'm jealous.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaderman82 View Post
Just got the truck today! Been wanting an old one like this for years and finally found one that was rust free. Runs and drives great, SR5 package. Hopefully it will be a good reliable truck for years to come!
Nice! Congrats on the new to you yota. These are such classic trucks, and getting more and more scarce these days.

Here is my 82 yota.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
Tata?

They're out there, but they no longer meet current US safety standards.

But I agree... I loved the 70s Datsun and 80s Toyota trucks.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it's in good shape still. Want to sell it?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
toyota still does, we as americans must not deserve them. I saw a brand new one with the window sticker when i was over sees in 2009-10 i went to check it out in the lot because i like old yota's and i was suprised to see 2009 lol

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser...still-powerful

and the older toyota pickups are built by other companys like

great wall - deer

but i sure wouldnt want a chinese knock off
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman View Post
Nice! Congrats on the new to you yota. These are such classic trucks, and getting more and more scarce these days.

Here is my 82 yota.
very pretty truck
Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
toyota still does, we as americans must not deserve them. I saw a brand new one with the window sticker when i was over sees in 2009-10 i went to check it out in the lot because i like old yota's and i was suprised to see 2009 lol

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser...still-powerful

and the older toyota pickups are built by other companys like

great wall - deer

but i sure wouldnt want a chinese knock off
Yeah, I looked into seeing what it would cost to import an older 75 series years ago. Don't remember what the costs were now, but the "iffy-ness" and paperwork, along with the prices put me off.

Quote:
very pretty truck
Thanks, man. This is what I went out and bought instead. It's been a great little PU. It came from AZ, so about the only rust on it is just some light surface stuff in little scratches etc. No real cancer at all.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Ever since cash for clunkers there's been far and few between for any classic anything. Nice clean truck, love the round headlights.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! How many miles does it have on it, and what are your plans for it?
I plan on getting an early 80's Hilux myself, when I can afford it. Love the round headlights.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Love it! How many miles does it have on it, and what are your plans for it?
I plan on getting an early 80's Hilux myself, when I can afford it. Love the round headlights.

I really don't know how many miles are on it cause when it hits 100,000 it rolls back to 0. Right now it says 42,000 but don't know what 42 that is. I plan on trying to get it back to all original and keep it forever!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman View Post

Here is my 82 yota.
Nice man!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck!

Someday i am going to have one of these...
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #20
Spigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to beholdSpigz is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
Spigz's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. Hope the inside is as clean looking as the outside.