Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

FR-S vs Tacoma

Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
I wouldn't compare the two, they're two different animals.

But....

If I were you I'd tell him: "yours can go fast, but mine can go anywhere"

When my sports car friends make comparisons, i usually offer to race.

"i will race you any time you choose"
"you pick the time, ill pic the track"

then i usaully say something like we can go to the mall, and race accross the parking lot... straight down the center over all the medians.

For the record i really love the FRS and i almost bought one, but i can not afford both. And the FRS cant do anything practical, minus saving some fuel. I love they way they drive, and handle. But even as nice as it is driving one every day becomes a chore, in the truck its the opposite. The more you drive your truck the more it gets less annoying (not really good example since i have always liked driving my trucks just in general) no stress over potholes, less douchebags trying to cut you off or get in your space on the road, dips arent an issue, when it snows your not shit out of luck. This apples to oranges comparison is pretty much useless. The only way i could ever be more attracted to a car over a truck of any kind as my ONLY vehicle is if i had no life, nothing to hual, nowhere to wheel, drove 100 miles a day, and lived somewhere tropical. Other then that some form of truck or SUV even with the shitty MPG will always win out in practicality and liveability to me.

Now i could justify this if i had an old street legal truck that worked well and the new fun car DD. But i would still pick a nice truck DD and a old beater play car first.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
FR-S is a good looking car and if I could afford one I would buy one but a Tacoma is more practical for everyday use
Old 09-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was extremely dissapointed with the boxer's 200 hp as well..

when i drove it the car was wonderful, but that thing is gutless

for refference to people have not driven one, 2008 civic si, while not nearly as wonderful to drive felt substantialy more powerful and quicker with nearly identical HP rating.

The boxer feels much closer power wise to the 138 hp 1.8 in the mr2 spyder

The 6sp is nice, never drove the auto and the rear seats folded down for cargo are much smaller than they appear online.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konvict KROG View Post
I was extremely dissapointed with the boxer's 200 hp as well..

when i drove it the car was wonderful, but that thing is gutless

for refference to people have not driven one, 2008 civic si, while not nearly as wonderful to drive felt substantialy more powerful and quicker with nearly identical HP rating.

The boxer feels much closer power wise to the 138 hp 1.8 in the mr2 spyder

The 6sp is nice, never drove the auto and the rear seats folded down for cargo are much smaller than they appear online.
even worse, i would bet that a v6 auto taco would give a 0-60 drag on the FRS very close run for its money.