Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

lowering spare tire

Old 09-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
dunwur is on a distinguished road
dunwur's Tacoma Gallery
lowering spare tire

This is driving me crazy . I tried for close to an hour to lower the spare tire from under my 2011 tacoma sr5 4x4 . The crank supplied with the jack kit doesn't seem to engage the screw to lower the wheel . What am I doing wrong ? Instructions make it sound so simple . Anyone else have this problem ?...Thanks
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwur View Post
This is driving me crazy . I tried for close to an hour to lower the spare tire from under my 2011 tacoma sr5 4x4 . The crank supplied with the jack kit doesn't seem to engage the screw to lower the wheel . What am I doing wrong ? Instructions make it sound so simple . Anyone else have this problem ?...Thanks
Physically look and make sure the little hook at the end of the tool is fitted into the slotted head that it's supposed to go into. Then make sure you are cranking counter clockwise.

Matt
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Also look at the free-cheap mod. Section for the elevator mod. Works great!