Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2013 Trd Sport structural issue

Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Tacomatrdsport is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Tacomatrdsport's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Trd Sport structural issue

Looking for some input! I leased a dcsb trd sport new on August 12... Within a week I noticed a very strange and annoying creaking sound coming from behind the rear seat on the drivers side while driving.... The tech at the dealer can hear the noise but no one can find it... They called in a field rep today and they told me they believe it's structural... They wanted my authorization so they could send it to a body shop and start ripping it apart to try to locate the issue... I refused and spoke with the General manager and told he I want nothing to do with this vehicle and I want a new Tacoma... Long story short! We got no where! I left and the truck is still there! I'm waiting for a call back from Toyota corporate & my attorney... I don't want a truck, which I totally plan on buying at the end of the lease, that has been butchered!!!! I'm sick! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Am I obligated to let Toyota rip this beautiful truck apart to try fixing it?? Not to mention that legally I think that this will need to end up on the car fax report! Then I'll never be able to trade it or sell it! Who would want it after reading that!!! Help!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
MikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeMH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Mike
MikeMH's Tacoma Gallery
It's not like they are going to take a sawzall to it...let them take it apart to fix the issue. Or you could try for a new truck but good luck with that.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Mike, they sort of made it sound like they would deff. Be doing some cutting which concerned me...
Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Very true!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
It isn't worth tearing apart the interior for a squeak, and a squeak isn't grounds for invoking various consumer protection laws.

My advice is to live with the squeak for the duration of the lease and decide if you want to buy it at the end. It's very possible other squeaks and rattles will develop over the years.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Ken I guess my concern is that they say its a weld or a crack in a seam... Or else I could live with it if I really had to but there is a definite problem going on...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
They have givin me an off road as a loner that is extremely quiet inside while driving!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^That's possible. Could be a bad weld for a mounting bracket inside the cab, which would require removing plastic trim and lifting up the carpet. Cracks in the primary cab structure would typically be visible on the outside. In both cases you should definitely let them repair it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Thank You Ken!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
A little repair isn't going to be on a carfax... it's not going to be a salvage title or anything. Let them fix the problem.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
Thanks Jethro!! I authorized the repair today!! Now I just hope its aneasy fix that doesn't require major surgery!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
Proyota will become famous soon enoughProyota will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
Proyota's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 had a rear main crankshaft seal leaking at 543 miles on the odometer and the dealer fixed it in about a week. No leak since. As long as it's a competent person(s) working on the problem, then it should turn out good. Go inspect it while it's being worked on. I went to the dealer and checked on mine. However I didn't try and take any pictures while I was there. It was nice being invited to see my new truck all taken apart. I guess since it was so new it was easy to come apart and go back together.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #14
Thanks Brad! Im going to let them attempt to repair the. Problem then just go from there!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proyota View Post
My 2012 had a rear main crankshaft seal leaking at 543 miles on the odometer and the dealer fixed it in about a week. No leak since. As long as it's a competent person(s) working on the problem, then it should turn out good. Go inspect it while it's being worked on. I went to the dealer and checked on mine. However I didn't try and take any pictures while I was there. It was nice being invited to see my new truck all taken apart. I guess since it was so new it was easy to come apart and go back together.
wow i haven't heard that problem before.

at least its one of those rare ones and was fixed
Old 11-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #16
Update! Im very happy to say that the dealer is replacing the truck with a 2014! I think it was the thing to do.. They understand my concerns and have been great!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #17
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Fantastic! Way to stick to your guns.
I always have bought used, letting the first owner shake out the problems, but then you live with their sins too. Glad it worked out so well.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Thanks Derek! I'm very happy that the owner didthe right thing! Hes a stand up guy and I hold the dealership in high regard for doing the right thing! I'll be doing business there for a long time provided they continue to conduct business like that! It was deff. The right thing to do..... the truck was literally half way taken apart!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
No doubt. Maybe you should post the dealer name for peeps in your area n