Notices

Best way to replace a FUEL PUMP

Old 10-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
TACO4YOU is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: James
TACO4YOU's Tacoma Gallery
Best way to replace a FUEL PUMP

any suggestion on what's the best way to remove and replace the fuel pump on a 08 TACO? Trying to this on my own since I'll cost me an arm and a leg if I take it to a shop.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Drop fuel tank.

Remove old pump.

Replace with new pump.

Are you sure you need a new pump?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO4YOU View Post
any suggestion on what's the best way to remove and replace the fuel pump on a 08 TACO? Trying to this on my own since I'll cost me an arm and a leg if I take it to a shop.

Thanks in advance
What I have done on other trucks is to simply undo the bolts that hold the bed down, disconnect the light harness in back, undo the fuel neck and just lift the bed up and slide back to get to the top of the fuel tank to replace the pump.

You can also drain the tank and drop it to replace the pump but I have found the above way works a lil better.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
TACO4YOU is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: James
TACO4YOU's Tacoma Gallery
thanks a lot for the suggestions. i'll give the bed a shot this weekend.