Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

85 toyota truck air filter question

Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
CroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Nick
CroResident's Tacoma Gallery
85 toyota truck air filter question

My truck is missing the air intake piece that goes from behind the grill into my air box (the circular part that sits on top the carb)
Toyota discontinued this part 10 months ago i was wondering if anybody here knows of a way to rig up something else to take its place
Any help is appreciated
Thanks, nick
Old 10-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Granted mine is a 22re this is what I did. I used a 22r intake tube an cut it to plumb into my air box.

So this is what I came up with for my air box intake tube. I used a 2" PVC street L and the intake tube from a carbed 22R. I had to plug the extra port on the tube and put the 2 tubes together with a bead of silicone. Im letting it cure now and installing after that.

Try a Pick and pull or ebay for a carbed intake tube. There is a thread on Marlin's forum called Practically anything you want. They have everything for 1st and 2nd gen trucks and 4runners.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
CroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of lightCroResident is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Nick
CroResident's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool i appreciate it
Thanks
Old 10-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
if you can take a pic of the spot or find a pic of the piece. i bet i have one