Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...

Old 10-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper0083 View Post
Ended up getting the truck for 250 delivered so not bad. I'll get some pics up he when I get It to the house. Post em soon.
Nice! Hopefully you can get it up and running soon. Check out LKQ for fairly local used auto parts. There is a MA member who works there, come visit the NE BS Thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...read-2182.html
Old 10-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #22
Topper0083 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Topper0083's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll check it out. My wife's not going to e impressed when she sees the truck lol I see the potential but she won't.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:09 AM   #23
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Truck fell through guys, little more work needed then I expected. Missing a lot more essential parts then I'd hoped for. Frame was good but where the spare tire went was in need of attention. Stuff like hood hinge brackets, the grill, tail lights and a lot of other small details were gone also. Oh well worth a shot...the search goes on.
i have a few of those parts

make a list and ill see what i have.

maybe make some room and a few dollars lol
Old 10-26-2013, 04:16 AM   #24
Sweet man, getting the truck dropped off this weekend then I'll start making a wish/need list. Gonna post some pics to so you guys can see what I got myself into lol.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
Pics

Hey guys i got the truck dropped off yesterday and took some pics. Theres a rear end out of a 4 cylinder that id like to sell if anyones interested. Let me know what you guys think about the truck thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...-028.jpg   Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...-029.jpg   Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...-030.jpg   Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...-031.jpg   Got an offer I don't want to pass up. Tell me why I shouldn't...-032.jpg  

Old 10-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a great buy for the $$$ to me. The best projects, to me, are the ones that start out cheap
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Dizo is on a distinguished road
Name: Oliver
Dizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys i got the truck dropped off yesterday and took some pics. Theres a rear end out of a 4 cylinder that id like to sell if anyones interested. Let me know what you guys think about the truck thanks guys.
I'd buy that in a heartbeat for twice that. Awesome find man!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #28
Now what...

So got the truck, now what? By that i mean what would you guys do first. I want to strip the bed off it and clean up and treat the frame, then pull the engine out, then maybe do a small suspension lift, and go right through the truck to fix and restore any parts that i need to. just curious on how you guys would tackle it. Im in the north east of vermont and was curious if anyone knew of any good junk yards or parts stores to get the items. or good online sites that your know of. Thanks guys
Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me, I'd go through it mechanically and structurally before worrying about anything cosmetic. Get it up and running smooth, then start looking at the rest of it. If the bed is rusted out, I'd consider making a flat bed for it, lift it and make it a trail truck/beater.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Take it apart and give it a good inspection
Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
That's what I'm gonna do, take her right down and go through the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #32
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So got the truck, now what? By that i mean what would you guys do first. I want to strip the bed off it and clean up and treat the frame, then pull the engine out, then maybe do a small suspension lift, and go right through the truck to fix and restore any parts that i need to. just curious on how you guys would tackle it. Im in the north east of vermont and was curious if anyone knew of any good junk yards or parts stores to get the items. or good online sites that your know of. Thanks guys

Look at my 94 build. I pulled the bed and coated the frame and such. Maybe its a place you can start.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #33
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
looks like a great buy for the $$$ to me. The best projects, to me, are the ones that start out cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizo View Post
I'd buy that in a heartbeat for twice that. Awesome find man!
Quote:
That's what I'm gonna do, take her right down and go through the whole thing.
good buy!

if you get find an 88 3.0 block, you can change the engine mounts and use it, they usually go super cheap unlike the rest of 3.slow engines because they don't "interchange"

of course, it may be less hassle and you may be able to find a good deal on a 3.0 anyway if you dont get a really good deal i would skp the 3vz all together and go 22re, 5vz, or 2rz/3rz
Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #34
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
if the engine is toast id ditch it and either throw in a 2.7 or a 3.4. the 2.7 will be faster and more reliable than a 3.slow.

but itd be easier to stick with the 3.slow
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy it.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking Deal. Remember Rock auto is your friend. for replacement parts. I got a new Grill for my friends expedition for 50 Buck's It cost more to ship the darn thing. what ever you can't find in a Junk yard remember to look up Rock auto.