Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

rear end problems

Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
tickle is on a distinguished road
tickle's Tacoma Gallery
rear end problems

I recently purchased a 1992 Toyota Pickup. I really love it but the rear end went in it. I have been checking wreakers in my area and no one has anything. My truck is 3 Litre V6 5 speed 4 wheel drive. Has 456 gear ratio. I think pinion is 9 and ring gear is 41. I just found a cheap 1993 Toyota T100, does anyone know if the rear end will work in my truck. Thanks for any help you can give me. Getting very frustrated.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickle View Post
I recently purchased a 1992 Toyota Pickup. I really love it but the rear end went in it. I have been checking wreakers in my area and no one has anything. My truck is 3 Litre V6 5 speed 4 wheel drive. Has 456 gear ratio. I think pinion is 9 and ring gear is 41. I just found a cheap 1993 Toyota T100, does anyone know if the rear end will work in my truck. Thanks for any help you can give me. Getting very frustrated.
I believe it will provided the gear ratio is the same.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just rebuild the rear?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
tickle's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info you both provided. Just trying to get my truck up and running as fast as possible. Looked into getting it rebuilt will cost more than I can afford right now. I can get that whole other truck cheap and have extra parts if I need them.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickle View Post
thanks for the info you both provided. Just trying to get my truck up and running as fast as possible. Looked into getting it rebuilt will cost more than I can afford right now. I can get that whole other truck cheap and have extra parts if I need them.
Here, see if this gives you what you need. At first glance, it may be a no.

http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/
Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Get a price from a transmission shop a lot of them do ring and pinion cheaper than anyone else
Old 11-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
tickle's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again I was at the dealer they told me that the t100 rear end will not work but if I was to change both front and rear diffs would that work ?

Or by sounds of it from reading that link if I find a 4 cylinder rear end with 4.56 It should work thanks again in advance