LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Not sure if TRD Tacoma is 4WD

Old 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #41
travis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Submarine Qualified
Name: Travis
travis.diller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
thats a leftside drive truck you fool
This is actually the SECOND truck I have personally seen with this inexpensive 4x conversion. minimal wrenching required
Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #42
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends on the capacity of your blinker fluid. If the tank holds 1 gallon per blinker, it's just a 2wd. If it's 2 gallons per blinker, you're riding high and mighty in a 4wd.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #43
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #44
travis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of lighttravis.diller is a glorious beacon of light

well even if this IS a troll, its a fun one haha.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #45
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
glad i found this thread, the more blinker fluid details i can find the better!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #46
Bgibbs is on a distinguished road
Bgibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the replies. I do not have that knob. What confuses me is why it doesn't say prerunner. But yes my mudflaps are solid black. I had a guy who is a used car sales man but it for me at a sale so I didn't question much for the price I got it.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #47
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.diller View Post

NOT MY TRUCK!!!! hahahaha
Those stickers on the back window render everything on the truck invalid
Old 11-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #48
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
+1 for that, sir
Old 11-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
Bgibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Hey OP. I know everyone is giving you a hard time, but its hard to believe you purchased a car without knowing if it was a 4x4. If you give us more info we would be happy to help. But if it doesnt have the turn nob labeled 4hi and 4lo. Its probably a prerunner dbadged or a 5 lug that some one added a trd sport sticker to. Also 4x4s need to visit dirt once a month to lube everything. So if you havent used it the last year while owning your car maybe its a good thing you dont own a 4x4. Plus you are getting better milage.

oh and welcome to TW
Thanks. Well the true story is I'm 17 and am obviously new to driving. My parents got it through the used car guy and got a great deal on it. I have assumed it was 4wd and that all I had to do was move the shifter over to 4 and that was 4wd. However after being stuck 3 times I have realized that's not the case. I also thought since it didn't say prerunner it had to be 4wd but apparently not. Needless to say I'm very bummed!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #50

Quote:
TRUE STORY! Thats what first caught my eye. They are like little targets!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #51
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go chew my parents out for buying me a turd pre-runner.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #52
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgibbs View Post
Thanks. Well the true story is I'm 17 and am obviously new to driving. My parents got it through the used car guy and got a great deal on it. I have assumed it was 4wd and that all I had to do was move the shifter over to 4 and that was 4wd. However after being stuck 3 times I have realized that's not the case. I also thought since it didn't say prerunner it had to be 4wd but apparently not. Needless to say I'm very bummed!
Badges come off really easy and are relatively inexpensive at that too. I wouldn't ever trust what any of the stickers/badges/decals/etc do or don't say on a vehicle. They are far too easy to mix and match especially for a dealer.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #53
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude dont sweat it. If it really is trd off road with the locking dif its pretty capable off road. I had a 4wd silverado between the ages of 17-20, and in those 3 years I tore the motor and transmission up. Mostly because i thought it was invincible. So be happy your parents got you such a awesome truck 4wd or not.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #54
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well sounds like you have a cool truck. Better car then I had when I was 17. Lock the back when you get stuck. Put sand bags in bed when you go offroad or visit the snow. You will be fine with 2wd.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #55
Bgibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude dont sweat it. If it really is trd off road with the locking dif its pretty capable off road. I had a 4wd silverado between the ages of 17-20, and in those 3 years I tore the motor and transmission up. Mostly because i thought it was invincible. So be happy your parents got you such a awesome truck 4wd or not.
Yeah that's good to hear then! Thanks, I really am. I love my taco! Got 285 Mickey Thompson's with a leveling kit. My parents did great regardless.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #56
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that's good to hear then! Thanks, I really am. I love my taco! Got 285 Mickey Thompson's with a leveling kit. My parents did great regardless.
Sounds good. Start a build page and post some pics. Read through tacoma world. Learn some stuff. I had a prerunner before my 2014 4x4. It was a great truck.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #57
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.diller View Post

NOT MY TRUCK!!!! hahahaha
For some reason when I saw this picture I wanted to throw all my guns away, pay higher taxes or better yet live off the system, get me a free phone, lose the health insurence I like, smoke more pot, hug a tree, drive an electric car and marry A man. Hell, now I'm not even sure that's even a Tacoma. Have my chickens come home to roost?

Never mind, it's from California.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #58
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its a great gift even if it isn't 4wd , still a very capable truck
Old 11-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #59
Bgibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if TRD Tacoma is 4WD-image.jpg
Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #60
Bgibbs's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if TRD Tacoma is 4WD-image.jpg