LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)

Old 11-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Blindf8th is on a distinguished road
Blindf8th's Tacoma Gallery
2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)

So I'm ditching my current car (shoulda bought the 2012 TX Pro while I still could). Anyways, was going to go with the TRD package, but the Baja sparked my interest. Unsure if the dual exhaust is function or looks, but the extra 2" lift (for the 13's anyway) really does it for me.

So, this brings me to why I'm posting here. Is there anyone on the planet that can tell me if Toyota plans on releasing a 2014 Baja edition? If so I'll be waiting, but if not.... then I might as well buy now.

If we do know its coming, would anyone on earth know when that might be (rough guess)?

Lastly, I loved my last Tacoma (96) and I'm really looking forward to making my purchase. Is there a reason you might steer me away from the Baja and instead recommend the TRD off-road?

Thanks much for any advise\thoughts you might be able to provide. Thought this was a good way to jump in and say howdie since ImAN00b!

Blind
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
For starters welcome to TW! And honestly just buy a tx pro and slap on icon suspension all around for cheaper or you can order the baja lift kit from online. But seriously the Baja kit is kind of a ripoff if you actually ask guys on here. Oh and what is your current car
Old 11-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Thank you sir. If I could find a TX Pro these days I would. Apparently they stopped rolling those out in 2013 as I understand it. Current car is an 08 BMW 335i. I'll miss the get up and go, but so looking forward to a truck again along with tires that don't run me 1700
Blind
Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Well then I reccomend the TRD off road and a good suspension and tire set up to make it worth your money.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Well then I reccomend the TRD off road and a good suspension and tire set up to make it worth your money.
X2! That's what I did. Well , I bought the tx pro and threw on Walker Evans suspension via AllPro and 285/75-16 Goodyears.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindf8th View Post
So I'm ditching my current car (shoulda bought the 2012 TX Pro while I still could). Anyways, was going to go with the TRD package, but the Baja sparked my interest. Unsure if the dual exhaust is function or looks, but the extra 2" lift (for the 13's anyway) really does it for me.

So, this brings me to why I'm posting here. Is there anyone on the planet that can tell me if Toyota plans on releasing a 2014 Baja edition? If so I'll be waiting, but if not.... then I might as well buy now.

If we do know its coming, would anyone on earth know when that might be (rough guess)?

Lastly, I loved my last Tacoma (96) and I'm really looking forward to making my purchase. Is there a reason you might steer me away from the Baja and instead recommend the TRD off-road?

Thanks much for any advise\thoughts you might be able to provide. Thought this was a good way to jump in and say howdie since ImAN00b!

Blind
Please search baja this for more info on forum about baja
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
I did. Doesn't yield the results I had hoped for
Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
txmike is on a distinguished road
txmike's Tacoma Gallery
If there is anyone that knows about a 2014 Baja, I have not found them. I'm new here as well but I'm in the market for a Baja or an Off-Road and have been asking several people about them. I've had a factory rep tell me yes there is definitely a 2014 Baja and I've had dealers tell me no. For what it's worth I contacted Toyota Customer Care and this is the first response I received.

"Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize, but at this time there are no immediate plans to offer a 2014 Baja Edition Tacoma ."

I then followed up since the Tacoma 2014 press release from September specifically mentions a Baja. And this is what I received in reply.

"Thank you again for your interest in the 2014 Tacoma.
You are correct that the press release for the 2014 Tacoma mentions the availability of a Limited Edition Baja Series Tacoma.
After further researching your inquiry, we were not able to locate any additional information regarding this version of the Tacoma or when it might become available. Based on the press release this will be a Limited Edition which will limit production. Similar to the Ultimate Edition of the FJ Cruiser availability may be delayed until early next year."

Since the Baja has always been a limited production this reply doesn't actually fill me with much confidence but who knows.

I'm not sure this help you much but good luck in your search.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Value just went up. I love mine and I would'm let it go for 42000. With 3000 miles. Again what its worth to me. Or get a raptor instead.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Matjamie is on a distinguished road
Matjamie's Tacoma Gallery
I had own... A 2005 tundra dc, a 2009 nissan titan xcab, a 1999 land cruiser, 2009 mini cooper, 2006 tacoma dclb, a 2010 civic, a 2009 dodge ram and to all of them I have done lots of mods, from lift kits to the 4x4's plus wheels and such because that is what I like to do with my cars.
Then I saw the baja 2013 dcsb white, i bought it for $35xxx out the door ( the best time to purchase from a dealer is at the last hours of the day and if possible at the end of the month, the salespeople are tired and want to go home plus they want to get a bonus so they do their best to get the deal) at the time the dealer had a lifted one for couple thousands below than the baja but a lifted edition from toyota? remember asking price is one thing and actual closed deal is another) I did my research before purchase and here is what I found... First I never preorder it or anything like that i just walked in trying to trade in the mini cooper but i had my phone with me!
Many people dislike the baja because the point below, also there are 2 types of guys in here... The ones that like to do lots of off roading/mechanic and modes by themselves, also there are the guys who has no time or an area to work on but likes the look and feel of the taco and have it because of that not because of the full potential of the toyota truck, witch toyota with the time that the taco has been in the market almost no recalls on it and with a closed lawsuit for other automotors being in accidents due to high speed/components failiors. I doubt that they will release a limited edition tacoma with issues. That being said here are my point of views.
Price. When I add up the cost of the off road package and the lift kit plus wheels and tires i was at the price that I got the baja because the regular off road out the door was 31xxx
The shocks and system. people claim that their kings or icons are better, no doubt they are great since they cost good money too i had spend up to $3000 for lift kits alone but man WHAT A DIFFERENCE when driving the last taco with over $6000 in mods, nothing comparing to the baja, the holes in the road, the turns, the 6speed shifter and the sound of the exaust make you feel like if you are invensible, there is an area where I live where the road suck plus there are train tracks, with all of the cars above I had to slow down or they will bounce all over, or you would feel the suspenssion hitting the body or something. with the baja I have to watch for police because i need to go faster seriuosly, they did work the suspension very well and NO this is not a rock climber vehcle, this is made to go at very fast speeds with no feeling at all... Remember BAJA
Decals is another issue here... Seems like, I like them I am 31 year old with a cool truck and like my other cars It speaks about myself. I am from the Baja peninsula as well that's why my atraction to the baja and the weird of the wording in this post. But if you don't like the stickers, remove them with 3 hours of work and a hot gun plus some wash and wax after and is done.
You can buy a trd, add lockers, add a 6-7K long travel suspension system, plus tires and wheels and the truck probably will be at the same feeling as the taco for the same price or more but I doubt better since the baja system they make it to fit specially in this model/year vehicle, even if you add the same baja system to your truck, it won't and never be the same feeling as what they build it from hours of work in 2 years (for what I know that is what it took them to build the first 2012 year) the exaust mods was made from factory not even from dealer looks the same i check the long arms and they look slighlty different to me, and for those who said the shocks are the same as the 5100 blinsteins they are not, this being said you would buy a toyota truck that hardly goes down in price even with high miles add the limited edition, the one that everyone hates and loves, you won't go wrong, after 10 years you may don't have it anymore but the truck will keep good value specially if you don't do to many mods. Plus it come everything with warranty! You do not have to worry for the next years on fixing the wheels so they can turn, or replacing the cv joints so often or so many other issues appear when moding a car.
Build your own or a limited edition all toyotas are build well, you can buy an old lc with high miles and pay a fortune or you can buy a 2014 trd at the same price that i pay for the baja. Do your research and good luck, and this is an open invitation to compare ride feelings with other tacomas with or with out mods so we can all learn i am just comparing it from what I have had, but there are lost of great suspension systems out there and I may change my words let me know if you want to test drive my BAJA!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Matjamie is on a distinguished road
Matjamie's Tacoma Gallery
Agree man Sorry guys! I think I had just drinked my daily prozac dosis
Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #14
DrCaptnPhD is on a distinguished road

DrCaptnPhD's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma Baja

I bought mine new in 2012. Came out to about $40k after tax and extended warenty. Got about $11k more into since then. Just had the supercharger installed today for $6200 out the door. Lots of fun!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)-17dca243-1d31-4503-8a9d-ccbd42260097.jpg   2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)-77073e9c-db0b-4737-8bc7-5a32c21652f0.jpg   2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)-e0a5047e-83bd-49b3-9338-10ef15f1a548.jpg   2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)-83743e8d-1108-44d6-8672-fdc1443c199a.jpg   2014 TX TRD Baja (thoughts)-35d8dd5a-685e-4c35-9c2f-74dd3cc4249c.jpg  

Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #15
Matjamie,
Thank you very much for your insight. Really appreciate it and it definitely helped me narrow down what I want. Pics soon )

Blind
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #16
tail07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
tail07's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen a handful of 2014 Baja's at various dealer sites. There is one at Anderson Toyota in Rockford Illinois. $38,446 I have attached the link. Good luck with your search.

http://www.andersontoyota.com/auto/n...e_cab/1243520/
Old 04-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #17
jaxonm is on a distinguished road
Name: Jaxon
jaxonm's Tacoma Gallery
There is a White 2014 T|X on the lot in Ventura CA right now. 38k sticker. Salesman said they were "very willing to negotiate". I got the feeling they did a custom order for someone and screwed it up.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
For starters welcome to TW! And honestly just buy a tx pro and slap on icon suspension all around for cheaper or you can order the baja lift kit from online. But seriously the Baja kit is kind of a ripoff if you actually ask guys on here. Oh and what is your current car
Hit the nail on the head on the first post.