1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The love for this little truck

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by addicted7369, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    addicted7369

addicted7369 [OP] She Thinks My Tacoma is Sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Middlesex County, N.J.
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Sport DCSB 4X4
    Toytek 3" ultimate lift Billstein 1500 coilovers, and Light Racing UCA's with AAL in the rear, Mickey Thompson classic lock III rims with color matched powder coated color rings,with 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2 tires led tail lights , T-Rex Billet grill, HID reverse lights, FLYZEYE V2W led lights, throttle body spacer, and K&N air filter, Kenwood head unit, Rockford Fosgate punch 6 1/2" speakers, 6x9 Rockford Fosgate punch speakers,1 inch Rockford Fosgate prime tweeters, 5%tint all around, CBI rock sliders, Cobra 19 CB with 3' firestik antenna, 6 1/2" lightforce 170's behind grill, redline elite hood struts, retro fit HID projector head light with halos and demon eyes, weather tech floor liners, led interior lights, truxzedo low profile bed cover, rear diff relocation mod, anytime fog light mod.
    I have question what is it about these like truck's that there is such a love for. I know from my own experience that my taco and my old 92 SR5 have a special place in my heart. But I wanna hear it from the rest of you taco lovers.

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    I hated my first car and i got my tacoma shortly after selling the car. My tacoma was my first "real" vehicle...one that does all i need it to, she's always ready to go, takes all my shit and asks for more, loves to get dirty, loves even more to be polished all day, and goes anywhere i've pointed it...every time with extreme prejudice for mud and wet roads. She's probably the first love of my life...and it'll be hard to let her go when the day comes to move to another tacoma. I'm not sure what else to say....

3. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Swank

Swank Certified Mall Crawling Instructor

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Greenville NC
    Vehicle:
    SOLD/TOTALED
    Wanted one ever since my cousin has his indigo ink access cab. Drove it one day to the trash dump through the neighborhood; I was hooked.
    Started with a single cab s10, needed something I could lift and have more room. Instantly thought of the tacoma. Went and got her a day or two after.
    I love this truck.

4. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Because it does everything I want, and does it well. It's comfortable, it's quick, its off road capable, it can tow a decent amount and hold a good amount in the bed, and it just looks badass. Did I mention it's reliable, gets good gas mileage, and is fun to drive?

5. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    I dunno, it almost seems like dudes who drive Toyotas are smarter, they bought a great truck. Mine makes me look good, she's everything I've ever wanted in a truck and only getting better.

6. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    JLee50

JLee50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    Stockish 99 4x4 TRD
    ToyTec coilovers
    Just something about it...Tacoma owners seem to be like MR2 owners.

I had a Tundra for about 3 years. Slightly worse fuel economy but it was bigger, faster, more comfortable, far more capable..but I didn't like it as much. I had a 3yo Tundra in '08, with 36k on it. I'm happier with my 14yo Tacoma with 274k.

7. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    CelsisTaco

CelsisTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Des Monies, IA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    2 inch lift. LED fog lights (Cali fab) Alpine head unit. Kicker door speakers. Skar subwoofer.
    My truck can take a beating, and never quits on me.. I can count on hand how many times I have actually been stuck, it just doesn't give up. It's the most reliable truck out there period. :)

8. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    addicted7369

addicted7369 [OP] She Thinks My Tacoma is Sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Middlesex County, N.J.
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Sport DCSB 4X4
    Toytek 3" ultimate lift Billstein 1500 coilovers, and Light Racing UCA's with AAL in the rear, Mickey Thompson classic lock III rims with color matched powder coated color rings,with 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2 tires led tail lights , T-Rex Billet grill, HID reverse lights, FLYZEYE V2W led lights, throttle body spacer, and K&N air filter, Kenwood head unit, Rockford Fosgate punch 6 1/2" speakers, 6x9 Rockford Fosgate punch speakers,1 inch Rockford Fosgate prime tweeters, 5%tint all around, CBI rock sliders, Cobra 19 CB with 3' firestik antenna, 6 1/2" lightforce 170's behind grill, redline elite hood struts, retro fit HID projector head light with halos and demon eyes, weather tech floor liners, led interior lights, truxzedo low profile bed cover, rear diff relocation mod, anytime fog light mod.
    Don't stop guys this really great what I'm reading. I've owned chevys and fords and Dodge but I'll tell you what when came down to it my like SR5 could the same and more them those bigger trucks. In the snow forget it she was unstoppable in the mud no chance she took it all. It broke my heart to sell my SR5 knowing in was going to the jungles of Belize. It had 250k on it and she still ran likea champ and looked brand new. My taco she's more theni could ever want from a truck and she looks great with her new shoes.

9. Nov 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    blitzburgh99

blitzburgh99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    239,600 (as of 7-20-13 and counting)original owner miles
    I bought my 99 TRD brand new and can tell you how/when I got every scratch on it. It has taken me from Kansas to Pittsburgh to Colorado mountains to Texas and almost anywhere in between. Never left me stranded. The one occasion it got stuck was bad decision on my part. I test drove a new 4runner trail (no kdss) and Tacoma while having my sequoia oil changed. With no offense to the 2nd gen guys, it just didn't feel as tight as my 99. It was a sport edition, so maybe I need to try the trd off road for better comparison. Toyota....I Love What You Do For Me!

Products Discussed in

To Top