Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

The love for this little truck

Old 11-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
addicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
addicted7369's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up The love for this little truck

I have question what is it about these like truck's that there is such a love for. I know from my own experience that my taco and my old 92 SR5 have a special place in my heart. But I wanna hear it from the rest of you taco lovers.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Don't Let Your Meatloaf
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
I hated my first car and i got my tacoma shortly after selling the car. My tacoma was my first "real" vehicle...one that does all i need it to, she's always ready to go, takes all my shit and asks for more, loves to get dirty, loves even more to be polished all day, and goes anywhere i've pointed it...every time with extreme prejudice for mud and wet roads. She's probably the first love of my life...and it'll be hard to let her go when the day comes to move to another tacoma. I'm not sure what else to say....
Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted one ever since my cousin has his indigo ink access cab. Drove it one day to the trash dump through the neighborhood; I was hooked.
Started with a single cab s10, needed something I could lift and have more room. Instantly thought of the tacoma. Went and got her a day or two after.
I love this truck.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Because it does everything I want, and does it well. It's comfortable, it's quick, its off road capable, it can tow a decent amount and hold a good amount in the bed, and it just looks badass. Did I mention it's reliable, gets good gas mileage, and is fun to drive?
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno, it almost seems like dudes who drive Toyotas are smarter, they bought a great truck. Mine makes me look good, she's everything I've ever wanted in a truck and only getting better.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Just something about it...Tacoma owners seem to be like MR2 owners.

I had a Tundra for about 3 years. Slightly worse fuel economy but it was bigger, faster, more comfortable, far more capable..but I didn't like it as much. I had a 3yo Tundra in '08, with 36k on it. I'm happier with my 14yo Tacoma with 274k.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My truck can take a beating, and never quits on me.. I can count on hand how many times I have actually been stuck, it just doesn't give up. It's the most reliable truck out there period.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
addicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
addicted7369's Tacoma Gallery
Don't stop guys this really great what I'm reading. I've owned chevys and fords and Dodge but I'll tell you what when came down to it my like SR5 could the same and more them those bigger trucks. In the snow forget it she was unstoppable in the mud no chance she took it all. It broke my heart to sell my SR5 knowing in was going to the jungles of Belize. It had 250k on it and she still ran likea champ and looked brand new. My taco she's more theni could ever want from a truck and she looks great with her new shoes.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 99 TRD brand new and can tell you how/when I got every scratch on it. It has taken me from Kansas to Pittsburgh to Colorado mountains to Texas and almost anywhere in between. Never left me stranded. The one occasion it got stuck was bad decision on my part. I test drove a new 4runner trail (no kdss) and Tacoma while having my sequoia oil changed. With no offense to the 2nd gen guys, it just didn't feel as tight as my 99. It was a sport edition, so maybe I need to try the trd off road for better comparison. Toyota....I Love What You Do For Me!