Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

LET'S GO TO MEXICO AND BUY A HILUX!

Old 12-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Name: Carl
Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
LET'S GO TO MEXICO AND BUY A HILUX!

Guys,

Ever thought about importing/buying a left hand drive Hilux in Mexico?

http://www.toyota.com.mx/galeria/veh...ick-ups/hilux/
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
good luck getting it smogged. I'm pretty sure the emission laws are vastly different and smogging that sum bitch will certainly make it an "off road only" vehicle.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
Haha

Good luck leaving Mexico in your new truck alive.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
Jack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedJack freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jack freak's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't steering-wheel airbags mandatory now ?

And WoW !!! It's like a Base Tacoma, but really "base" like the early-80's Toyota SR5 pickup was.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #7
car78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to beholdcar78412 is a splendid one to behold

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Why?
Old 12-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
PCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
PCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Grass is greener syndrome.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
No I don't think so. You go ahead
Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #10
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
No, because there's no 4x4 or diesel Hilux in Mexico.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #11
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolio View Post
For this i vote NO!!!

My hilux had a similar interior to this... 4x4 and 3.0 turbo diesel... sigh i miss her

Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^ This.
If I'm going to go through the trouble of trying to import a hilux, I'm going to import a european version for the diesel, and it's going to be a 4x4.

Plus I won't have to worry nearly as much about robbery or murder when I go to look at my potential purchase...
Old 12-12-2013, 05:09 AM   #13
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This. The only way you're getting a 4x4 Diesel Hilux and getting it into the country would be to pay cash down in Costa Rica. Significantly modify it into an off road only vehicle and then put it in a shipping container and send it home.

Then you're still going to get into a pissing match with customs over whether or not it is still a vehicle that needs to be smogged.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #14
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
No 4x4 + No Diesel = No
Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #15
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I've never shifted a manual transmission with my left hand or driven a vehicle with the wheel on the opposite side....I would laugh at myself the first time I would try to drive one.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
MariettaTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
MariettaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
No, and the

'Doble Cabina Base $288,600 MN'

Looks a little pricey...
Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viorent Grip View Post
If I had the chance, I'd rather go to Guatemala and get a new Land Cruiser Hardtop 150 or a Pick Up LC
I'm with you man I'd rather go pick up some variant of the LC somewhere. Not play hilux fanboy. IMO they don't even look that great.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Name: Carl
Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys,

Let's all roll down to Mexico and get a rig!

Don't let worrying about getting killed in Mexico City stop you!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about importing before. Not from mexico per say. But there are so many factors that come into play as well. Has to be so many years old, so many miles.. emissions, even something as simply as the glass can be out of compliance, and then you're looking at replacing all glass. It quickly adds up to not being very feasible for the average joe. If I was daddy warbucks, yeah, I would probably get an old Land cruiser PU and do full resto on it. Maybe even an 80/90's something Toyota DC pu.