Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

The Old and the New

Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Name: Scott
sbeau1960's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sbeau1960
The Old and the New

Shot some pics of my new '07 Tacoma next to my old '94 Pickup, enjoyed comparing them side by side to see what differences 13 years of development have brought to the table. Posted a couple of these in my intro but thought y'all might enjoy seeing a few more...

1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Extended Cab, 140K miles, 22RE five speed

VS

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab, 10K miles, TRD Off Road, SR5, V6 six speed

Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! !!! that's a fine lookin' "Old" 94! !!!! Congrats on the new one also and you will be doing good to have it looking that good that long! !! ! Oh and by the way WELCOME to TW! ! !
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #4
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Wow, yea I love the pre tacoma. Trade in?
Going to sell it, have had a great time with that old truck but don't really need it now. Here's a short retrospective...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
great pics and welcome to TW. That 94 looks great should bring in good money to sink into the new mods.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
great pics and welcome to TW. That 94 looks great should bring in good money to sink into the new mods.

Yeah, hopefully selling it to an employee for $5000. Might be able to advertise it and get a bit more but tough when book value is only like 3K. I put 31x10.50 Revos on it last year, rebuilt the front end this spring and installed new shocks, also replaced the radiator. It's solid as a rock, was undercoated when new and has rhino lining sprayed on the rockers and fender bottoms so no rust anywhere. I never see another one around here that's this clean, living in the rust belt and all.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
I love the color of your new ride.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
For comparison, that '94 lasted longer than 1 canoe, maybe 2! Hah, he wore out a canoe before he wore out the Toyota
Old 03-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 94" That was a great truck!!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #11
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the 94 served you well. Someone will buy it and it will serve them well too. Nice trucks!
Old 03-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #12
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics, and I love the '94......my favorite model all time. Mad rep 4 you!

You aren't far from me, wish I had some extra cash, I'd buy that baby off you in a heartbeat if it didn't sell to your employee.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #15
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Great pics,

Wish I had some extra cash, I'd buy that baby off you in a heartbeat.
+1
Old 03-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck comparisons pics Sbeau! The 94 is a keeper.

I bought my first toyota pickup, an 87 4WD Xcab Turbo (22RET) when I was stationed at Ft. Ben Harrison. I had fun in Indy & brings back good memories. Wish you the best with the sale!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
wow that pre taco is sweet.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
S-M-R-T will become famous soon enoughS-M-R-T will become famous soon enough
S-M-R-T's Tacoma Gallery
The 89-95 is still the best looking truck Toyota has built to date. They haven't got it right since.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #19

Man, seeing pics of my old truck pop up makes me miss it! The new Tacoma is nice, but something about the smaller version is still attractive. Actually thinking about selling the '07 and finding a perfect '04 to trick out, think I might be happier with the size.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I love the 94! Kinda makes me wish I had an older Toyota Pick-up at times. Two damn good trucks there.