Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Question

Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
AzamWest is on a distinguished road
AzamWest's Tacoma Gallery
Question

I was wondering I am trying to keep my fuel system clean. Is it ok to use BG fluid in my gas tank to do this? What else do I need to do to clean the system?

Also, BG has a fluid to mix with your engine oil. Do you think this is safe to use? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam
Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! AS long as you dont buy crap gas, and drive your truck, the fuel system should be fine for a llloooonnggggg time.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
AzamWest is on a distinguished road
AzamWest's Tacoma Gallery
thanks

Yea the last time I used Seafoam in a different truck i had fuel problems. Now what kind of "crap" gas are you talking about? Like 87 unleaded or do you mean like Sheetz or WAWA gas? SHould I yuse Shell and BP?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzamWest View Post
Yea the last time I used Seafoam in a different truck i had fuel problems. Now what kind of "crap" gas are you talking about? Like 87 unleaded or do you mean like Sheetz or WAWA gas? SHould I yuse Shell and BP?
Yeah not familiar name gas brands usually do not filter their gas as well (and dont put more important things in their gas) stick with Shell BP Exxon etc.

a comparsions to use its like making lemonade without the lemons.... Sheetz WAWA etc.

energy drink---- Shell BP Exxon Petro etc
Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
and if you want to get some STP octane booster.... It helps with the octane and cleans about 5% of the crud out of your engine per bottle.

I use it all the time. Works great. 1 bottle lasts for 10 fuel ups (i think thats what the bottle says)