Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Drive train noise and lift kits

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
mewiggs is on a distinguished road
Air Force: ATC
mewiggs's Tacoma Gallery
Drive train noise and lift kits

I purchased an 08 access cab Taco a year ago. It was fitted with a 3 inch "Wild Country" suspension lift and some sweet 18 inch spoke wheels.
It has always had a shudder when it launches from a dead start and what I thought was a cupped tire or a tire issue with a drivetrain vibration at 30 to 40 mph. I have read the threads on the TSB that addressed the rear motor mount replacement but my Toyota service folks say my vin was produced after that TSB. We have taken the truck back to stock and the vibration is gone (no lift, stock tires) I love this truck I find it hard to believe that the 3 inch lift or the tread pattern would cause this problem but that is the way it appears. Anyone else with a similar experience?

Frustrated
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
its probably the angle on the 2piece rear drive shaft. You can probably get a carrier spacer kit to drop it a tad and it should go away if thats what it is. Mine is doing it a tad now that I have 2.75" lift under the back.
BTW- Welcome to TW!