Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Toyota Cheaps Out on Rear View Mirrors

Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #1
CONGODOG is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
CONGODOG's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Toyota Cheaps Out on Rear View Mirrors

Just bought a 2014 dual cab taco TRD 4x2 w/Nav ($6K worth of options) and they gave me the absolute minimum, cheapest rear view mirror imaginable. Am I wrong to assume that previous similar models had outside temp/compass/ Homelink?
I depend on the compass and outside temp gauge (somewhat) and feel they should continue to be included as safety features. Is Toyota just trying to save a few nickels at the risk of alienating long-time customers? I am mad and just may give the thing back to them.
I think this scrimping at the expense of safety is outrageous and a huge mistake by some bean-counter trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of loyal customers.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Should not have left the lot without the auto dimming mirror. Look at your vehicle spec sheet, I bet it's on there as an option, then complain to the dealer.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Capt Ike is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Capt Ike's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they absolutely did. There have been several threads on this. Here's a good one if you would like to purchase a mirror that has different options.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-mirror.html

The guy selling these is Bob. He's very helpful and knowledgeable. After I took delivery of my new truck I looked on the build sheet and didn't see where it listed an auto-dimming mirror, but I had a brochure from the dealership that said the TRD Sport package came with one. Luckily, I had a great salesman who offered to purchase one for me. From what I've read, it's kind of hit or miss if the dealership will take care of it for you.

I highly recommend Bob. He'll get you exactly what you need. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
Thanks, Cap'n!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Should not have left the lot without the auto dimming mirror. Look at your vehicle spec sheet, I bet it's on there as an option, then complain to the dealer.
+1 I assumed all of the newer Tacos came with the auto dimming mirror, compass and temp guage.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Ike View Post
Yes, they absolutely did. There have been several threads on this. Here's a good one if you would like to purchase a mirror that has different options.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-mirror.html

The guy selling these is Bob. He's very helpful and knowledgeable. After I took delivery of my new truck I looked on the build sheet and didn't see where it listed an auto-dimming mirror, but I had a brochure from the dealership that said the TRD Sport package came with one. Luckily, I had a great salesman who offered to purchase one for me. From what I've read, it's kind of hit or miss if the dealership will take care of it for you.

I highly recommend Bob. He'll get you exactly what you need. Good luck.
Cap,
How do I find Bob?
Thanks in front,
Congodog