Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

lookin at a 91 4runner, need imput

Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
lookin at a 91 4runner, need imput

http://usedcars.kbb.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?...standard=false

i talked to the seller, he says it needs an entirely new exhaust, and it slips in 1st and 2nd gear sometimes.

i will try to lower the cost and then get a new exhaust installed there, and suggestions? i was maybe thinking flowmaster. and it has 201k miles

also what do you think about the 4runner, btw its replacing a chrystler minivan
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
With transmission issues and other work that needs to be done I would keep looking.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
With transmission issues and other work that needs to be done I would keep looking.
how bout this one?
http://usedcars.kbb.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?...standard=false
its closer too
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
I would stay away from the P.O.S 3.0 liter that came in those 4runners
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
The 2nd one looks like a better deal than the 1st. The 3.0 is a dog compared to the 3.4. There are head gasket issues with the 3.0 and a steering relay rod recall. If there are any transmission issues, I would keep looking. The rear springs are notorious for sagging. Make sure major maintenance like waterpump and timing belt have been done.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any special reason for a 4 runner? You can probably score a good deal on a Corolla or if you need a little more room a Camry....
Old 04-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Any special reason for a 4 runner? You can probably score a good deal on a Corolla or if you need a little more room a Camry....
mom is sellin her van and giving me the money to buy a new, old car. im lookin for something with 4wd so i can lift it and put nice tires and kick a whheel in it. i wanted toyota but found an 88 chevy truck i like. unfortunately the buyer of the van still hasnt payed us so we are waiting on the transaction to finish up (buyer is waiting for tax returns to come, he mailed his in day b4 yesterday, sigh)
Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Quote:
im with him, u could find a decent car, that gets decent gas milage for alot less then that!