Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Quarter Million Mile Build - The Mule

Old 07-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quarter Million Mile Build - The Mule

Here is my new project, an '85 pickup with 280k on the odo, SFA, and a 22r on mismatching 35s that I'm nicknaming The Mule. I'll be documenting the transformation as we go.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
First weekend out and I grenaded the birfield trying to climb up a rock ledge. I made it back to camp without being able to turn left and no 4wd. Only had to get pulled out of one failed river crossing Luckily one of the dudes I was with had an extra in his backyard. Limped back to town on the shoulder of the highway and fixed it Sunday morning.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Niceeeee

Gotta love old yotas
Old 07-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #4

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
Niceeeee

Gotta love old yotas
Heck yes. I see you picked up your too. All the work on my tacoma has halted
Old 07-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #5

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
After two weeks I've come up with a short list of stuff I need/want to get:

power steering (plumbed for hydro)/high steer
spare tire
longfields
regear
window regulator
CB
toolbox
sliders
OBA
lockers

Power steering and a spare tire are pretty much required before I hit the trails again. Need to hit the pick-n-pull and see if I can find an IFS PS box and hit craigs list for a spare.

I cleaned the primer off the license plate light housings this weekend and replaced the bulbs so I'm totally street legal now. I also put some Pioneer 6x9s. Doesn't sound super awesome but it'll do for what I need
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Will be keeping up with this one.. Im currently building an 83 myself
Old 07-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #7

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Will be keeping up with this one.. Im currently building an 83 myself
Awesome! The old Toyotas rule. Simple and a bunch of space to work on shit.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Awesome! The old Toyotas rule. Simple and a bunch of space to work on shit.
Damn right! I wish it were mine
Check the build out for it, got lots going on over there, also if you need sliders I can hook you up there too!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I have missed this until now.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #10

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I have missed this until now.
IFS power steering on the way from Sacramento at the end of this month for $210. Going to pair it with a high steer kit from Trail Gear. Can't wait, its going to be so much nicer. Also looking for some new seats since the drivers side is poking me in the back.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
nvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
nvwiggins's Tacoma Gallery
Last Tuesday there was two IFS power steering pumps at the pick and pull in Reno. Shoulda grabbed one up for myself but was in a bit of a rush.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #12

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvwiggins View Post
Last Tuesday there was two IFS power steering pumps at the pick and pull in Reno. Shoulda grabbed one up for myself but was in a bit of a rush.
Was it just the pump or the whole geddup? Do you know how much?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #13
nvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shednvwiggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I meant box...dammit haha not sure how much but can't be too bad.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #14

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I meant box...dammit haha not sure how much but can't be too bad.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I can get down there and see how much.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #15

No updates on this thing? I'm busy waiting on a radiator for my 4Runner.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #16

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No updates on this thing? I'm busy waiting on a radiator for my 4Runner.
Picked up the PS parts a couple weeks ago and will hopefully be installing them this weekend. Also picking up the IFS box in preparation for hi steer.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #17

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
This weekend I got around to installing the power steering. Pretty much plug and play minus needing to shorten the steering shaft 3/4". It is so much nicer driving it now, one hand turning FTW. I also picked up an IFS steering box on Sunday in prep for doing high steer one of these days.

Friday I purchased a cheapo tool box that I'm painting black before installing. Took of the headache rack since I wasn't a big fan of it and will sell it on CL to recoup some of the toolbox $$.

Then last night I sat and contemplated removing the screw from my rear drivers tire but postponed till later this week... lazy!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #18
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #19

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Sweet truck!
Thanks man. Currently trying to decide if I want to stick with the Toyota axles and run 36s or go bigger and Dana. Decisions decisions.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #20
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...l-case-adapter