Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Help

Old 04-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
larry bliss is on a distinguished road
larry bliss's Tacoma Gallery
Help

Have a 97 tacoma (2.7) less then 100k, It has just stared getting noisy on top, Does not do it when cold, Do you think I need a Valve adjustment? One more thing, I have been losing water, Can`t see where it`s going, Does not get hot, No water in oil, Thanks in advance for any help,
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you see no evidence of a leak anywhere, you may have a head gasket leaking water into the Combustion Chamber. May need to replace the Head Gasket. May also be the cause of the noise.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
larry bliss is on a distinguished road
larry bliss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you see no evidence of a leak anywhere, you may have a head gasket leaking water into the Combustion Chamber. May need to replace the Head Gasket. May also be the cause of the noise.
Thanks I was kinda thinking that. How would it cause is to make the noise? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry bliss View Post
Thanks I was kinda thinking that. How would it cause is to make the noise? Thanks.
Without being able to hear the noise, Im just guessing at it. If you are looseing coolant, fix that first. If your going to have someone else to the Gasket replacement for you, you may as well have them check the valves to make sure they are adjusted.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
if u have the head off, y not take the head, have it shaved for more compression, see what kinda performance that would do. cause im interested in doing this one day!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
Got the yota feverrrr.
justalilcrazy625 is on a distinguished road

justalilcrazy625's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to justalilcrazy625 Send a message via Yahoo to justalilcrazy625
What kind of noise? Is it kinda surging a bit? I had absolutely no signs whatsoever of my headgasket going until the day that it had happened. It was surging up and down a bit, but I figured before that it had been a bit since I drove it, so I thought maybe bad gas or running out of gas cuzI was about to fill it up to make a 300mile trip. THANKFULLY, it blew before I even hit the highway. Did it in the parking lot as I was about ti leave to go... I was MAJORLY PO'd.