1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rav won't start now

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Andreas, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Oct 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    Andreas

Andreas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    '02 Limited SR5 TRD Stepside
    Short story Long.......... 2001 Rav 4

We jumped into the Rav to take the dog to the Vet after she had a seizure. click click click ...so I get my truck to jump-start. Battery is so corroded and covered in powder it's a no go.
    Now to unload the truck, carry dog, etc........

Upon our return I figure a nice cleaning will help the Rav, everthing goes well, I go to open the driver and the car alarm goes off. :eek: WTF !
    12 years and I never heard the alarm til today. We don't have an alarm key or anything, didn't even know the alarm was hooked up.
    How in the hell do I turn it off?? I pulled the alarm horn, the little red blinky light, now it's quiet, but the blinkers are flashing, and vehicle will not start. Not even a click.

Any one have a clue?? I followed the wires to behind the fuse panel in the cab.

2. Oct 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    Andreas

Andreas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    '02 Limited SR5 TRD Stepside
    Follow up ...........

Thanks to google and other sites, I was able to locate the alarm unit and all it's wires. Once I looked up the units name I was able to find many useful things except how to remove the F***** thing.:D Maybe a good thing.
    I now had the choice to order an after market remote for $30.00 , or tow vehicle to an installation place that would charge $65.00 for removal. Wife has free towing with USAA so we opted to get rid of the unit.
    Vehicle starts, everything works.......AND best of all, I am going to use the PA Siren horn on my motorcycle. That's one loud Mother :yes:

Products Discussed in

To Top