1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CEL on after engine work. Loss of power.

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Bjg2453, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Mar 1, 2015 at 9:54 PM
    Bjg2453

Bjg2453 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner 3.4 v6
    Ok I am new to posting things, so I'll do my best with a complete description. I drive a 99 tacoma - 3.4 v6 PRERUNNER. Long story short, I replaced my valve cover gaskets bc they were leaking and went ahead and replaced the spark plugs as well. After doing this, everything was put back correctly according to 2 certified mechanics. I now have a CEL on and it's giving me a lean bank 1 code. Iv cleaned the MAF and did the poor mans check for vac leak and came up with nothing. After a cold start, when I try to drive, the truck doesn't have any power or acceleration for the first couple of minutes. As it warms up things progress better and better. I noticed when I drove uphill though, I have limited power. The truck seems to hit a max rpm level then drop back down until I take some pressure off the gas, then it decides to shift and proceed on doing the same thing. Can anyone give me an idea of what may be causing this!?!? Just want to get this CEL off and truck running back to normal

2. Mar 1, 2015 at 10:16 PM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    Did you check the gaps on the plugs and make sure they were all the correct replacements? Also did you check all the plug wires for damage and install them with greased ends?

I might take the plugs out and read each one from bank 1 and see if you can narrow down to one lean cylinder.

Products Discussed in

To Top