Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2008 Trail Team Special Edition FJ Cruiser

Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
FU_FJ is on a distinguished road

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
2008 Trail Team Special Edition FJ Cruiser

In 2007 it was the all black Special Edition was a TRD FJ Cruiser and in 2008 it's the all white Trail Team FJ Cruiser. There are only 3200 of these Special Edition made each year and seem to hold their resale value well:

Quote:
WHAT MAKES THE TRAIL TEAMS SPECIAL EDITION FJ CRUISER SPECIAL? PLENTY!

"For starters, the standard FJ Cruiser's already impressive off-road performance is enhanced by trail tuned Bilstein shock absorbers; BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires mounted on TRD 16" aluminum alloy wheels with matt black powder-coated finish; Active Traction Control; locking rear diff; a TRD exhaust system, plus a Cyclone Air Cleaner under the hood.

The bold contrast between the all-white body color and the black wheels, bumpers, grille surround and exterior mirror housings make this FJ Cruiser stand out from the crowd. Trail Team badges, bumper mounted FJ auxiliary light, a five piece set of all-weather mats and cargo mat with logos, and color matched door trims and instrument panel complete its dramatic appearance.

Add a leather-trimmed steering whell, a nine speaker audio system with AM/FM 6 disc in-dash CD and MP3 capability, floating ball-type multi-informational display, shift knob and a convenience package that includes remote keyless entry, cruiser control, power outside mirrors with markers, rear privacy glass, rear wiper and rear parking sonar, and the Trail Teams Special Edition offers excellent value and authentic FJ Cruiser capability.

The Trail Tems Special Edition FJ Cruiser is set to hit dealers in January 2008, but with only 3200 being built".

Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
daddy likes those tires wheels! i wonder how much the wheels cost through toyota?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I love my truck but i really REALLY want that FJ! I need to get a second full time job
Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #4

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Well if they are like this year's TRD wheels and other Special Edition specific items, you can only get them IF you have a Special Edition VIN to order with.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #5

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I love my truck but i really REALLY want that FJ! I need to get a second full time job
Yeah.. the white would be great... i LOVE my easy-to-take-care-of white 4Runner... my all black FJ is another matter... black is not a color, it's a committment!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #6

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_FJ View Post
Yeah.. the white would be great... i LOVE my easy-to-take-care-of white 4Runner... my all black FJ is another matter... black is not a color, it's a committment!
Amen! I love my black truck but if you want to keep it looking clean and scratch free its a constant battle. That white FJ looks amazing and would be easy to keep looking good
Old 10-31-2007, 01:02 PM   #7

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
i am really surprised Toyota didnt install a factory air dam and roof lights on the Trail Team Special Edition (TT SE).
Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Wow ! That's a really nice rig, Damn ! Props to the 3200 who get them, sadly not me.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
once again.....damn past loving jedi's!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
once again.....damn past loving jedi's!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp Looking but..

Arent these FJs full time four wheel drive ? Thats great if you could use it primarily off-road.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Arent these FJs full time four wheel drive ? Thats great if you could use it primarily off-road.
dont believe so...in the article above the pics, it says that it has a locking rear diff
Old 12-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #13
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
dont believe so...in the article above the pics, it says that it has a locking rear diff
The manual transmission ones are a full time 4WD.

Locking rear diff or not has nothing to do with full time or part time 4WD because it was designed to be used in 4Lo not 4Hi.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #14

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The manual transmission ones are a full time 4WD.

Locking rear diff or not has nothing to do with full time or part time 4WD because it was designed to be used in 4Lo not 4Hi.
why are the manuals full time? is there a good reason for that?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #15
pdxyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
pdxyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only the 6-speed manual is fulltime.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
one of my buddies from school has the Trail Teams Special Edition, and it is so nice. and he got the Westin brush guard and the FJ roof rack w/ lights