Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Details to follow.............. With evil laugh!

Lets just say I'm back into the 1GR world!!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
oh shawt....i'm guessing fj cruiser??
Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
oh shawt....i'm guessing fj cruiser??

With 17 miles on it!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
why would you do that
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so did u trade in the 4runner?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

yeah, im wondering the same thing???!!???

btw...............what color is the fj, banshee???
Old 11-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

all i gotta say....
Old 11-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
The TW 1%
Quote:
Yes, unfortunately we had a slight problem with the engine coughing out spark plugs and in need of a cylinder head replacement to the tune of $2400+. Let's just say things are square now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah, im wondering the same thing???!!???

btw...............what color is the fj, banshee???
Wait for it.....

Quote:

all i gotta say....
Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!-fjside.jpg   Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!!-fjrightside.jpg  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn banshee.........that is one sweet ride man!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

i like the fj's too, but outta my pay grade
Old 11-25-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
really nice ride, a friend at work got one and he loves it. Drive on.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i like the fj's too, but outta my pay grade
really? i was looking at the black special edition at the same time i was looking at my truck and it was about the same price. although i got them to come down on the truck i doubt i would have gotten the same deal on a vehilce they only make 3200 of.

BTW, great looking ride Banshee! I'm a huge fan of the new FJ's. I haven't seen that color yet though. is that a new color for the 08's? Anyway, i love it!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
That thing is awesome, Banshee!!!

Why all the changes in vehicles? You are about to catch up with me. My record is 5 different vehicles in one year!

Awesome, though. Just awesome!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
The TW 1%
Found my new bumper..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olaSWJf4OQU
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #15
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
BTW, great looking ride Banshee! I'm a huge fan of the new FJ's. I haven't seen that color yet though. is that a new color for the 08's? Anyway, i love it!
Yes it is a new color, Sandstorm. They also dropped the maroon color (forget the name) for a lighter shade called Brick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
That thing is awesome, Banshee!!!

Why all the changes in vehicles? You are about to catch up with me. My record is 5 different vehicles in one year!

Awesome, though. Just awesome!
We traded in the Tacoma for the 4Runner for lower payments and to try to save some money. Well the best intentions... About a month and half ago the CEL started flashing intermittently and it felt like a slight misfire but it wasn't throwing any codes so we took it in to the dealer to have her checked out. My thoughts were either fouled injectors or a coil pack going bad. All diagnostic testing showed nothing. When we first got her I went through and changed all the fluids and checked everything else, only because while changing the oil I found out the oil filter was barely hand tight and was leaking a little oil down the side of the block. The only thing I didn't check were the spark plugs because service records showed they had been replaced in April.

After getting her back from the dealer she continued with random misfires, mainly at around 1500rpm at 45mph. I got her home and removed the throttle body and IAC and cleaned the ever living carbon out of them and put everything back together. Still didn't fix the problem. Three days later my wife is driving it down the road and kerblammo 4Runner starts shaking like a dog shittin chicken bones and the CEL is on throwing a P0303 (misfire cylinder 3). She gets it to the dealer and low and behold the #3 spark plug decided to remove itself from the cylinder head and proceeded to destroy the coil pack and did a number on the head as it came loose. I stop in after work to talk to the service rep about it and he shows me the plug. Well at some point someone crossthreaded the plug into the head and tried to fix it with a helicoil but didn't do it right and ended up forking up the head.

The wife and I start looking at some Scions and possibly using the Costco auto program, so the wife sends in some request info and not to long after we get a call from one of the reps and blah blah blah long story short dude was a dick to my wife and when the customer service rep called to inquire about our experience my wife opened up with both barrels, mind you this is about 3 weeks into the 4Runner being in the shop and all the times I've talked to the service guy I have had to initiate the calls (went one whole week without him calling us). We pretty much told the customer service guy (actually worked with the dealership) that we were through with said dearlership and wouldn't recommend them to anyone ever again.

Back to the cylinder head. Turns out it needed to be replaced and would end up costing us in upwards of $3k.

Back to the customer service guy. He calls us back to inform us the gentleman was no longer employed with said dealership and he would like to make things right with us. So we ended up with a 2008 FJ at invoice and them giving us 10k for the trade in on the runner and we also got some other benny's at cost (30% of what they normally cost)

Our payments are back to what they were and then some but I and the wife have peace of mind that we wont be back in the service dept anytime soon.!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
That's really funny ! I don't have cable at the house so that was first time I saw it. I would have to agree with you... that's the new bumper !!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #17
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes it is a new color, Sandstorm. They also dropped the maroon color (forget the name) for a lighter shade called Brick.

We traded in the Tacoma for the 4Runner for lower payments and to try to save some money. Well the best intentions... About a month and half ago the CEL started flashing intermittently and it felt like a slight misfire but it wasn't throwing any codes so we took it in to the dealer to have her checked out. My thoughts were either fouled injectors or a coil pack going bad. All diagnostic testing showed nothing. When we first got her I went through and changed all the fluids and checked everything else, only because while changing the oil I found out the oil filter was barely hand tight and was leaking a little oil down the side of the block. The only thing I didn't check were the spark plugs because service records showed they had been replaced in April.

After getting her back from the dealer she continued with random misfires, mainly at around 1500rpm at 45mph. I got her home and removed the throttle body and IAC and cleaned the ever living carbon out of them and put everything back together. Still didn't fix the problem. Three days later my wife is driving it down the road and kerblammo 4Runner starts shaking like a dog shittin chicken bones and the CEL is on throwing a P0303 (misfire cylinder 3). She gets it to the dealer and low and behold the #3 spark plug decided to remove itself from the cylinder head and proceeded to destroy the coil pack and did a number on the head as it came loose. I stop in after work to talk to the service rep about it and he shows me the plug. Well at some point someone crossthreaded the plug into the head and tried to fix it with a helicoil but didn't do it right and ended up forking up the head.

The wife and I start looking at some Scions and possibly using the Costco auto program, so the wife sends in some request info and not to long after we get a call from one of the reps and blah blah blah long story short dude was a dick to my wife and when the customer service rep called to inquire about our experience my wife opened up with both barrels, mind you this is about 3 weeks into the 4Runner being in the shop and all the times I've talked to the service guy I have had to initiate the calls (went one whole week without him calling us). We pretty much told the customer service guy (actually worked with the dealership) that we were through with said dearlership and wouldn't recommend them to anyone ever again.

Back to the cylinder head. Turns out it needed to be replaced and would end up costing us in upwards of $3k.

Back to the customer service guy. He calls us back to inform us the gentleman was no longer employed with said dealership and he would like to make things right with us. So we ended up with a 2008 FJ at invoice and them giving us 10k for the trade in on the runner and we also got some other benny's at cost (30% of what they normally cost)

Our payments are back to what they were and then some but I and the wife have peace of mind that we wont be back in the service dept anytime soon.!!!!!!

I am sorry your 4Runner blew chunks so badly. That really makes me scared (as I should be) of where I take my vehicles. I am glad that it all worked out for you in the end, and you have the peice of mind and a reliable vehicle for both work and play.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 AM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
That is the best FJ commercial I have ever seen!!! So, did that bumper come stock?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #19
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
That is the best FJ commercial I have ever seen!!! So, did that bumper come stock?
If it did I can't find how to turn it on. Gotta be a switch somewhere!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #20
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Banshee. Now you have to install a CB all over again .