Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

New Tacomas

Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
tacomabear is on a distinguished road

tacomabear's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacomas

Hi. I have a question. Sorry if it sounds crazy or not logical...I have no one who is into Tacomas like myself.

I have a tacoma that is impending condemntion in a few wks and I am looking for another one as I have been told mine may not be repairable due to the fact it is a 2000.

If you cannot find what you want on the lot, has anyone built one through toyota? The local dealership told me to do that. That is so pricey though. How long does it take for it to even come to the dealership if I do?

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Building one from Toyota shouldn't cost anymore than what that same truck would be on the lot. Unless - local haggling for invoice price (for example) isn't an option when ordering a truck and waiting for it.

Each dealership should have an extensive network of dealerships to search for a paticular truck for you. It's 'how' they get it to you from where they find it.

When I bought mine, they found one in Maryland (125miles away). They actually drove it up to PA.

Also, try searching www.autotrader.com and www.cars.com

Good Luck!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking for a brand new tacoma, you can order it through the dealer with the exact options and color your looking for. If your dealer doesn't have what your looking for on their lot, some times they can do a dealer trade with another dealer and bring in what you want. Or they can order it from the factory which can take up to a few months for delivery. However, it shouldn't be more expensive when you order it from the factory.

Cheers.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
yote is on a distinguished road
yote's Tacoma Gallery
Go to buyatoyota.com and put in your zip code... pretty much anything you can find on the list it gives you should be available to the local dealer of your choice.

I negotiated for one on the lot like I wanted except the color wasn't for me, THEN made them find the right color. Just so happens they had one coming in three weeks later, so I took that one. (zero miles etc)
Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer didn't have the color I was looking for, but the G.M. found it online at another dealership. They had it for me the next day with about 40 miles on the odo.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Scottdog80 is on a distinguished road
Scottdog80's Tacoma Gallery
I just went through the process and found nothing I wanted on any lot. I built an '09 Tacoma on Toyota.com and requested a dealer quote. I went to the dealership and they quoted me the exact price of the Tacoma I built online without seeing the print out. They will have to get the truck from another dealership (as they did with mine). The only variable will be the color and any accessories. They found me the exact match, but it had a bed mat which bumped the price $119.00 so it was no big deal. Overall, it was a painless process.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
shagdue is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Sam
shagdue's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Tacoma's

Hi ya'll!

I am in the market for a new Taco. The 09's are pretty much exhausted.

I talked to Toyota and the 2010's have been "released" and dealers should see them any day now. Yes!

I also have a CARS qualified trade. Double Yes! (If CARS is given a second life).

I am a newbie here but it look's great! Lots of info and helpful folk!

Sam

PS The 2010 is same as the 09 except the cup holder has changed(?).

Same price as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagdue View Post
Hi ya'll!

I am in the market for a new Taco. The 09's are pretty much exhausted.

I talked to Toyota and the 2010's have been "released" and dealers should see them any day now. Yes!

I also have a CARS qualified trade. Double Yes! (If CARS is given a second life).

I am a newbie here but it look's great! Lots of info and helpful folk!

Sam

PS The 2010 is same as the 09 except the cup holder has changed(?).

Same price as well.
Whomever is the first to pick up a 2010 needs to take a picture of this cupholder. The cupholder in my 09's console sucks ass.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Here are pictures of the 2010 cup holders in the console.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tacomas-p1010001.jpg   New Tacomas-p1010003.jpg   New Tacomas-p1010005.jpg   New Tacomas-p1010002.jpg   New Tacomas-p1010006.jpg  

Old 08-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
shagdue is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Sam
shagdue's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Tacoma's

I lucked out and found one of the remaining 09's with what I wanted.

Just be aware that the 2010's will not have the $1500.00 Dealer Incentive. No time soon anyway.

Good luck!

Sam
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Wow.. the old style cupholder is infinitely more useful :/
Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 09 with a 5 speed, there are three cup holders in the front console, plus two in the rear console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
Here are pictures of the 2010 cup holders in the console.