Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Breaking the manual conditioning not easy!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Breaking the manual conditioning not easy!

Well, I signed the dotted line today and now officially own an auto trans Tacoma, the first auto trans truck that I have ever owned, and I have to say that old habits are hard to break! I sit with my left hand on the wheel and my right on the gear shift, and I have already unconsciously tried to shift in transit! Anybody else have that trouble when switching from a manual to an AT? Any idea how long it will take my brain to get with the program? lol
Old 08-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine Shouldn't take too long.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes when I drive my wifes car I try to push the "clutch" in with my left foot, which results in the car coming to a screeching halt and giving everybody in the car whiplash! I'd guess driving the auto everyday you'd adjust pretty quickly.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
aaronk is on a distinguished road
aaronk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Sometimes when I drive my wifes car I try to push the "clutch" in with my left foot, which results in the car coming to a screeching halt and giving everybody in the car whiplash! I'd guess driving the auto everyday you'd adjust pretty quickly.
Haha, I've done this on more than 1 occasion as well...
Old 08-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
Well, I signed the dotted line today and now officially own an auto trans Tacoma, the first auto trans truck that I have ever owned, and I have to say that old habits are hard to break! I sit with my left hand on the wheel and my right on the gear shift, and I have already unconsciously tried to shift in transit! Anybody else have that trouble when switching from a manual to an AT? Any idea how long it will take my brain to get with the program? lol
Yeah....

I've even accidentally stepped on the BRAKE thinking it was the clutch!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 6 spd celica gt-s (same shift pattern) before my 6 spd trd sport, so no issues there. but then i bought a honda crx 5 spd.. thankfully it won't let me go right from 5th to reverse or i would have once..

i'll be in a few months you'll be thinking you will never go back to a manual