Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Toyota Hybrid Truck scrapped.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Hybrid Truck scrapped.

I try to be as ecologically responsible as possible, and I am a die hard toyota truck person, but the first Toyota Hybrid truck just didn't do it for me. They scrapped it, so the point is mute, but what do yall think? I think it looks like a cartoon truck!
http://www.hybridcarblog.com/2009/04...p-shelved.html

I will be first in line for the hybrid that looks like a Tacoma!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Just bring a diesel option and be done with it.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like a highlander and an avalanche had sex and had a baby and a escalade ext and a frontier had sex and had a baby and those to babies met and had sex this is what it would look like
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
it looks like a highlander and an avalanche had sex and had a baby and a escalade ext and a frontier had sex and had a baby and those to babies met and had sex this is what it would look like
Yeah, all that with a little incest thrown in?

Here are more pics.
http://trucks.about.com/od/conceptca...-Hybrid-Truck/
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh my.

You really thought that out, huh?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
yeaaahhhh ahaha i kinda copied pineapple express
Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeaaahhhh ahaha i kinda copied pineapple express
Gotcha, that movie is hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Even the Honda Ridgeline guys would think that was ugly.
That's debatable...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
dwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nice

Marines: Sgt/6114 - Cobra/Huey Helo Mech, HMLA-773
dwzild's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dwzild
Very ugly and weak looking truck. Toyota was really showing their feminine side with that one. It looks like a Ridgeline with an even bigger vag.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Not looking like a "truck" at all. Sorry, I'm no where near a fan of that. Reminds me too much of a Ridgeline
Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Hybrid Cars/Trucks

I'm not an expert on designs of cars/trucks, but in my personal opinion I think most of the hybrid car designs look weird and stupid. They are trying to make a big deal out of it because it's a hybrid so they make a design that is way out of the box. They don't get it in my opinion, they should not make a big deal out of it. They should just make the design of the car just like the cars they sell that run on gasoline.
That's partly what happened with the electric running cars when they came out in the 90's. The design did not look like the cars that were currently running on the roads at that time. That and no one wanted to buy a slow expensive car.
Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know what do you guys think?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes - and I have video of it, just give me your credit card number and I will give you access!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
Yes - and I have video of it, just give me your credit card number and I will give you access!
hahahahahahah
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
I'm not an expert on designs of cars/trucks, but in my personal opinion I think most of the hybrid car designs look weird and stupid. They are trying to make a big deal out of it because it's a hybrid so they make a design that is way out of the box. They don't get it in my opinion, they should not make a big deal out of it. They should just make the design of the car just like the cars they sell that run on gasoline.
That's partly what happened with the electric running cars when they came out in the 90's. The design did not look like the cars that were currently running on the roads at that time. That and no one wanted to buy a slow expensive car.
Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know what do you guys think?
I think you're right. I saw one the other day that really cracked me up! Its like a box! I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing! I'll try to find some pics . . .
Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
I think you're right. I saw one the other day that really cracked me up! Its like a box! I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing! I'll try to find some pics . . .
Yeah...they usually bring in some overseas overpaid fruit cake to design the car, that thinks his car designs are superior above all the other car designs. And the cars don't sell worth a damn.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #18
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
I found it! Its a Nissan! LOL! They look even more ridiculous in person! I nearly wrecked my new taco laughing!
http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/?dcp=p...cc=0.205796025
Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
A truck should look like a truck period. I'm glad that plan lost it's funding.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2.